MI - 4 students killed, 6 injured, Oxford High School shooting, 30 Nov 2021 *Arrest incl parents* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Audrey Conklin
@audpants
·
1h

The girls and their parents should have been getting ready to go on Christmas vacation this week, he said. Instead, Riley is "fighting for her life."

@audpants
·
1h

Attorney Geoffrey Franz said the #OxfordHighSchool shooting survivors Riley and Bella Franz, 17 and 14, were honors students and athletes; Riley had been accepted into six colleges. Riley was shot in the neck on Nov. 30. https://foxnews.com/us/oxford-high-school-shooting-survivors-lawsuit… #FoxNews
https://t.co/d56D1NzwSy

How scary for all these kids.
I remember my school getting frequent bomb threats and we would go outside and get in a ditch, crouching down with our arms covering out face/head. We would do the same in our classrooms and bus when bricks and rocks were thrown thru the windows. Schools should be made safe.
JMO
Times have changed!
Back in H.S. we also received many bomb threats at a politically tense time, but nobody was alarmed we were just happy to get a break from class. As it turned out, the threats occurred when a certain male student was supposed to have a math exam and stopped when that was discovered, fwiw..

since the Oxford shooting even our own area schools (I'm in IL) have had increased threats.

1 middle school and 3 high schools local to me since Monday. Several different teenagers responsible for the threats have been taken into custody. It does not appear to have been a joint or organized effort?! Like all these kids decided independently to phone in a variety of bomb shooting and stabbing threats.

Man times sure are different than I recall as a kid.

I was in HS when Columbine happened. I don't remember how long after, but there was a hit list posted in our school of the names of kids to be killed. We all knew who it was because of the hand writing, but the kid never got in trouble because he father was a police officer.

Audrey Conklin
@audpants

·
1h

The girls and their parents should have been getting ready to go on Christmas vacation this week, he said. Instead, Riley is "fighting for her life."

@audpants
·
1h

Attorney Geoffrey Franz said the #OxfordHighSchool shooting survivors Riley and Bella Franz, 17 and 14, were honors students and athletes; Riley had been accepted into six colleges. Riley was shot in the neck on Nov. 30. https://foxnews.com/us/oxford-high-school-shooting-survivors-lawsuit… #FoxNews
This is such tragedy.

Snipped from the above post, were these social media messages from EC or others? This confuses me, I keep reading about social media threats and am trying to figure out if there's more going on than just EC.

"parents complained to administrators about such social media messages in the weeks before the shooting, but that the superintendent, Tim Throne, and principal, Steven Wolf, said the threats were not credible."

It's been clear as mud. There was a previous incident involving a completely different. They've never really clarified about the other threats and rumors. We don't know if it was EC or not at this point.

We had a threat at our school on Monday. Administration and police investigated and found no real threat. The student will not be returning to school and is facing charges. Our principal sent out a message on Tuesday letting parents know that they investigated and there was no need to be concerned. Reminded parents to talk to their children about the see something, say something and to remind them that words matter. If a different student were to perpetrate an act of violence at school today, that does not negate the message our principal sent on Tuesday. They investigated the threats that they were made aware of. We, the public, just don't know who knew what or when.

@JDupnackFOX2
·
Attorney representing Oxford Schools just sent this letter to us and attorney Geoffrey Fieger asking he retract one of the officials named in his suit claiming he hasn’t worked for the district in a year.
FGMq4CnWUAMVF6R

Audrey Conklin
@audpants

·
1h

@audpants
·
1h

Oh my goodness! This Fox article reveals that one of the defendants listed in the lawsuit and now mentioned in like every article is incorrect!
He had still been listed as Dean of Students on the Oxford High web page but apparently he had left in 2020 to work as a K-8 school counselor at the K-8 school. Talk about DEFAMATION
Mr. Moore, K-8 Counselor

since the Oxford shooting even our own area schools (I'm in IL) have had increased threats.

1 middle school and 3 high schools local to me since Monday. Several different teenagers responsible for the threats have been taken into custody. It does not appear to have been a joint or organized effort?! Like all these kids decided independently to phone in a variety of bomb shooting and stabbing threats.

Man times sure are different than I recall as a kid.
Pittsburgh PA SCHOOLS also under threats. Why? Oh my it’s nerve wracking!

It's been clear as mud. There was a previous incident involving a completely different. They've never really clarified about the other threats and rumors. We don't know if it was EC or not at this point.

We had a threat at our school on Monday. Administration and police investigated and found no real threat. The student will not be returning to school and is facing charges. Our principal sent out a message on Tuesday letting parents know that they investigated and there was no need to be concerned. Reminded parents to talk to their children about the see something, say something and to remind them that words matter. If a different student were to perpetrate an act of violence at school today, that does not negate the message our principal sent on Tuesday. They investigated the threats that they were made aware of. We, the public, just don't know who knew what or when.
Unfortunately, so much is posted every single day on SM....the schools are overwhelmed by having to deal with cyberbullying, rumors, harassment, sexting, etc., etc.

It is unrealistic that schools have 100% responsibility for all of it. It looks to me like EC was dealt with as a possible mental health issue and not so much a behavior/threat issue. He's googling ammunition and writing "Help me" so that makes sense to me.

I'm not saying more couldn't have been done. But I'm not ready to crucify this school or its people at this point.

All of it is so tragic and senseless.

Unfortunately, so much is posted every single day on SM....the schools are overwhelmed by having to deal with cyberbullying, rumors, harassment, sexting, etc., etc.

This is true. Teens are still teens, and social media moves so fast and ugly.

In our area, we had a 13 year old arrested for a threat this week. Snapchat.

Oh my goodness! This Fox article reveals that one of the defendants listed in the lawsuit and now mentioned in like every article is incorrect!
He had still been listed as Dean of Students on the Oxford High web page but apparently he had left in 2020 to work as a K-8 school counselor at the K-8 school. Talk about DEFAMATION

Wow. Who gets the blame- the attorney for not verifying the website, or the school system for having it wrong on the website?

It is unrealistic that schools have 100% responsibility for all of it. It looks to me like EC was dealt with as a possible mental health issue and not so much a behavior/threat issue. He's googling ammunition and writing "Help me" so that makes sense to me.

I'm not saying more couldn't have been done. But I'm not ready to crucify this school or its people at this point.

All of it is so tragic and senseless.
Do parents no longer follow their children's social media at all? Is that a thing of the past?

I knew what my children were doing online. There's a ton of technology available to parents now to make it easier to keep tabs on kids.

I was lucky. I had easy children to raise. If I had a child with the issues this 14 year old has, I would have been ALL over his SM!! But I also would have gotten him help for his mental health issues.

When I was in high school, the most egregious student activities we were ever aware of were passing each other notes during class, toasting our lunch sandwiches on the classrooms' kerosene heaters, or skipping out to attend a James Dean movie.

In the future, should there be one, I can't imagine what events children and their parents will be faced with to have them say "remember when we only had to grieve the murder of our loved ones by our schools' students?"

As the world turns... I pray for solace for of all those affected by the sickening repetition of school shooting tragedies, and for guidance for all of us to learn how to prevent them.

Times have changed!
Back in H.S. we also received many bomb threats at a politically tense time, but nobody was alarmed we were just happy to get a break from class. As it turned out, the threats occurred when a certain male student was supposed to have a math exam and stopped when that was discovered, fwiw..
Oh my goodness, over a math exam?
I can remember being thankful I was a fast runner so I could get to the bus quicker and not get hit. Teachers had wood by the doors so they could barricade the door. I hated going to school for a few years until it settled down.
They are going to clear backpacks here.

Last edited:
MOO, the lawyer. You'd think you'd "know" who you are suing. Really throws everything else about the lawsuit into question if they don't even know the basics.
I agree. I would think that the lawyer would have asked for and received the names of the people involved before naming them as defendants. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bloocheez