Michelle Young, Pregnant Mom, Murdered NC Part 10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is such a slow boat. I know he did it and I want confirmation. Patience is not a virtue of mine.

concernedperson said:
This is such a slow boat. I know he did it and I want confirmation. Patience is not a virtue of mine.

I know swetie, it is awful! I remember last Friday how let down we were that we had no news all week. And now it's been another whole week.

Well, like Charlie thinks, the forensics should be done by the first part of Feb if what Harrison said was true. Three months and then I begin to worry, as having the body and with ample time for the evidence to be chewed up and spit out into a big fat file, there should be an arrest. Right?

concernedperson said:
Mine neither. You are not alone in the boat:)

I found the link to this board on the WS Scott Peterson forum.

So I'm a Johnny come lately about the facts in this case. I'm reading previous threads and trying to catch up.

I am amazed at the similarities in the MY case with the Laci/Scott case. Didn't JY know about the case and know the murderer was found guilty and is currently in SQDR? And he was convicted by circumstantial evidence.

If JY knew anything about the case why would he copy the MO?

It's horrifying to think their child was in the house, unharmed, and trying to help mommy.

Similarities:

an arranged alibi; a mistress; wife pregnant (and MY having one child); husband away from home when MY was attacked. How could any person do this and leave a child behind?

JY is not talking, on the advice of step-father. Have they hired an attorney
yet? Maybe the step-father knew that SP had talked too much to tv media.

If JY is convicted of 1st degree murder and jailed, maybe he and Scott could keep in touch.

As always I appreciate the WS sleuths.

hi Zelda:)

yes, JY has an attorney...he retained one immediately, from what i understand, once he got to his parents home in Brevard...

i've checked the local sites & no new news...ugh

close_enough said:
hi Zelda:)

yes, JY has an attorney...he retained one immediately, from what i understand, once he got to his parents home in Brevard...

i've checked the local sites & no new news...ugh
I noticed JTF out and about posting a bit - in the past that has meant something is about to come out. Damage control before it hits JMO Quess we'll see...

Hi zelda, welcome! This has been one of the best threads here. Glad you could join us. I'm totally with you in the similarities between cases like this and Peterson, Hacking, Michael Peterson, etc.

raisin, that's an interesting little tidbit you just wrote. :)

I'm hoping for something to happen very soon, but I trust LE knows what they are doing and will make this case stick.

IF anyone is arrested in this case, does anyone here know how long it would be before a trial starts? Besides all the defense trial-delay tricks, what's the typical time in NC between arrest, charges (grand jury?) and a trial? Does anyone local know? TIA.

Doing the math - parts from: http://www.newsobserver.com/141/story/511581.html

Michelle and Jason met in 1997, by 1998 friends note Michelle is routinely calling him when time is available.

In October of 2003, they wed. According to friends, JY is a late bloomer and it took him a while to settle on the idea of marriage. Of note , Michelle is pregnant when they marry.

In spring of 2004 - Cassidy is born.

In May of 2005 the couple buys the home in Enchanted Oaks

In May of 2006 an auto accident occurs, neither were hurt, Cassidy was not in the car. Shortly after this accident Michelle undergoes medical procedures in response to a noted problem with the baby she was carrying. Michelle was pregnant at the time of the wreck.

June/July of 2006, Michelle becomes pregnant again.

August of 2006, JY changes jobs and starts some form of a relationship with a former sorority sister of Michelle's who happens to live in Florida. This relationship at a minimum consisted of almost daily contact either by phone or by email. The new job allows him to travel and be away from home 3 to 4 days of the week.

November 3, 2006, Michelle is murdered in what police term a non random crime, no forced entry, no report of burglary. Blunt force trauma with a bloody crime scene. Cassidy is unharmed but left to roam the house.

The math - every time this woman was pregnant, some event occurred which either changed her life or ended her life. The husband refuses to cooperate with LE. The husband is staying in Brevard. Relatives of Michelle's have not seen Cassidy since the killing. The sorority sister is cooperating with LE.

Any other calculations ?

Zelda said:
I found the link to this board on the WS Scott Peterson forum.

So I'm a Johnny come lately about the facts in this case. I'm reading previous threads and trying to catch up.

I am amazed at the similarities in the MY case with the Laci/Scott case. Didn't JY know about the case and know the murderer was found guilty and is currently in SQDR? And he was convicted by circumstantial evidence.

If JY knew anything about the case why would he copy the MO?

It's horrifying to think their child was in the house, unharmed, and trying to help mommy.

Similarities:

an arranged alibi; a mistress; wife pregnant (and MY having one child); husband away from home when MY was attacked. How could any person do this and leave a child behind?

JY is not talking, on the advice of step-father. Have they hired an attorney
yet? Maybe the step-father knew that SP had talked too much to tv media.

If JY is convicted of 1st degree murder and jailed, maybe he and Scott could keep in touch.

As always I appreciate the WS sleuths.
Hi Zelda! You're so right about those similarities, but if Jason is the one who killed Michelle, he learned a couple of things from Scott ~ he left her body in the house and lawyered up right away without an interview with Diane Sawyer. Seems to me a little bit combination of Neil Entwistle and Peterson.

Taximom said:
IF anyone is arrested in this case, does anyone here know how long it would be before a trial starts? Besides all the defense trial-delay tricks, what's the typical time in NC between arrest, charges (grand jury?) and a trial? Does anyone local know? TIA.
It kind of depends on where in NC the trial is held and what the court calendar is, how many pre-trial defense motions, jury selection, etc. Most cases don't take that long here though. :cool:

Anyone happen to know the name of the lawyer? It may have already been posted and I missed it. Thanks!

happy2bn10ec said:
Anyone happen to know the name of the lawyer? It may have already been posted and I missed it. Thanks!
His name is Roger W. Smith, Jr.

Thanks, panthera. I am breathing a sigh of relief here. I have a first cousin who is a defense attorney (as bad as I am ashamed to admit it!) in Charlotte and it dawned on me this morning how close Brevard is to Charlotte.

panthera said:
His name is Roger W. Smith, Jr.

happy2bn10ec said:
Thanks, panthera. I am breathing a sigh of relief here. I have a first cousin who is a defense attorney (as bad as I am ashamed to admit it!) in Charlotte and it dawned on me this morning how close Brevard is to Charlotte.
I know exactly how close Brevard is to Charlotte ~ I'm in the Charlotte area!! ;)

concernedperson said:
you have more than me! I threw in the towel on this one last week! :D

( as I read page after page again !) :bang:

panthera said:
I know exactly how close Brevard is to Charlotte ~ I'm in the Charlotte area!! ;)
Thought that might be where you got your "name"! Is this a big story in Charlotte, too?

happy2bn10ec said:
Thought that might be where you got your "name"! Is this a big story in Charlotte, too?
No, it really isn't 'big news' here at all especially with little happening in the case. :)

panthera said:
No, it really isn't 'big news' here at all especially with little happening in the case. :)

Can you get ahold of that reporter Amanda and tell her to do some investigative reporting for us? :crazy: Or at least give us something "off the record" which I'm sure she must have! :D

jilly said:
Can you get ahold of that reporter Amanda and tell her to do some investigative reporting for us? :crazy: Or at least give us something "off the record" which I'm sure she must have! :D
I'd be more than happy to jilly ~ if Amanda were here in Charlotte ~ she's with WRAL in Raleigh which is approx. 170 miles away!

panthera said:
I'd be more than happy to jilly ~ if Amanda were here in Charlotte ~ she's with WRAL in Raleigh which is approx. 170 miles away!

I don't see the problem! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member