NO BAIL! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 -#27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
well sucked in if he's starting to suffer full blown anxiety, its a horrifying feeling.....

or, nice try at pretending to have mental issues...maybe he'll claim he saw caterpillars coming out the walls in droves??? and they looked very hungry! :what:

:floorlaugh: :behindbar:

All we need now is for him to be declared insane and, if he is found guilty, spend the next 20 years in a mental institution instead of jail!! I wonder to what point can someone fake insanity? Is it possible?

I am going to go and have google CC, but I feel almost 100% certain that to be declared insane, you need to prove that you are unaware of what is right and what is wrong. I think the legal definition of insane is simply that, do you understand what you did was wrong. It doesn't really cover the very many evil and disgraceful things that people do, even the inhumane acts.
<Mod Snip>

All we need now is for him to be declared insane and, if he is found guilty, spend the next 20 years in a mental institution instead of jail!! I wonder to what point can someone fake insanity? Is it possible?

Good luck to anyone trying to fake insanity- that isn't going to work! Also anyone that knows what a forensic psychiatric hospital is like would know it would be preferable to stay in jail to be honest. I don't think you have anything to worry about!

I find it extremely interesting, as I said last night, that the same day police got the information back about the facecall, they went and paid a visit(5 detectives) to the BC seniors and searched their car. My thinking is perhaps some information on that phone caused them to go and raid BC seniors..

Yes.

And is it strange that there was a bomb threat that halted proceedings when that phone info was only coming in that day - presumably the NBC phone evidence wouldn't have been able to be used at Thursday's hearing if the phone evidence only came in on Thursday - but with the hearing date changed to Friday, it was able to be used... sure would have helped the "interfering with witnesses" aspect of the bail and also showed that GBC was possibly lying about being asleep so assisted with argument against bail.....sorry I think my mind is just working overtime....

I don't think he'd come remotely close to being declared insane. The legal definition
is extremely narrow.
Many defendants that I'd consider totally barking mad are only considered to have personality disorders.

Yes.

And is it strange that there was a bomb threat that halted proceedings when that phone info was only coming in that day - presumably the NBC phone evidence wouldn't have been able to be used at Thursday's hearing if the phone evidence only came in on Thursday - but with the hearing date changed to Friday, it was able to be used... sure would have helped the "interfering with witnesses" aspect of the bail and also showed that GBC was possibly lying about being asleep so assisted with argument against bail.....sorry I think my mind is just working overtime....

I don't know if anybody else heard/read this, but it was either on a TV news report or press, that the bomb threat was directed a GBC's hearing, but on the other hand they also said the bomb was supposedly somewhere on the ground floor and the courtroom 5 was on the first floor. All very suss really!

I think you're right. They can't question GBC about the midnight call therefore they probably wanted to know NBC/EBC's version of it and a bit of a search too! Perhaps they were looking for an iPhone or iPad in the house and car?

CC, why couldn't they question GBC about it - do you mean they just couldn't question him at that particular time? Would be very interesting to see how NBC explains it.

CC, why couldn't they question GBC about it - do you mean they just couldn't question him at that particular time? Would be very interesting to see how NBC explains it.

They can't question GBC because his lawyers won't allow it. They will have to wait till the trial. IMO.

NBC/EBC would have been really surprised IMO to find out the police knew about this alleged face time call and their jaw must have dropped wide open.

For all and any who are able to go today.....I am there in spirit at least and hope today is a success in terms of bringing together and uniting all the SES, firefighters family and friends...

I hope that somebody makes a speech there at the cricket today thanking all the SES men and women, Firemen and women and Local people who helped in the search for their wonderful effort. Let them know that we appreciate what they have contributed working with the Police and the community.

It must be very confronting and difficult for someone who is used to total control to now have to conform to total control by others. Even his bodily functions would be supervised. :jail:

GBC is in the psyche unit at Wacol. Apparently he freaked out when they put him in the usual cell they hold ppl in. He has been in the psyche ward since. This info is from an extremely reliable source. :jail:

Haha couldn't happen to a nicer person...not!:floorlaugh:

I don't think he'd come remotely close to being declared insane. The legal definition
is extremely narrow.
Many defendants that I'd consider totally barking mad are only considered to have personality disorders.

The crime he has committed shows a level of planning that will pretty much rule any insanity plea out completely.

I doubt it will stop him trying though. I think this <modsnip> will try anything he can to escape justice, and be stupid and vain enough to ignore legal counsel.

Watch him start throwing his lovers under the bus...gee I bet they regret cheating with that particular married man...:banghead:

They also said on thursday that Max Sica was in court too. He was supposed to be in court 5 as well. Also in msm it's still saying in most reports that GBC is only in the medical ward. I can't see anything that says he is in the psyche ward.

is extremely narrow.

The difference between other disorders and personality disorders is not about severity of disturbance. The difference is not really that clear, but personality disorders usually begin in childhood and are stable through life, and are not very treatable. Some of the personality disorders present as 'totally barking mad' eg borderline personality disorder. The legal system however doesn't recognise them in the same way as clinical disorders. Insanity is more a legal term, and not in psychology or psychiatry.
I think GBC would have a difficult time claiming insanity since he has been able to run a business and have care of his children in the mean-time.

When I saw one of the first reports about GBC's arrest I noticed that his lawyers looked rather disappointed. Not unhappy or in any way motivated, but disenchanted. That makes me think that they have already realised back then that their client is in fact guilty. To me, they look like they know (= are guessing).. JMO

613746-baden-clay-lawyers.jpg

1949323.jpg

vd-Lawyer-408x264.jpg

563402-peter-davis.jpg

661576-darren-mahony.jpg

It has been known that before Psychiatrists pass their final exams, they are put through tests to determine certain states of mental ill health. One of them is whether or not they can pick a 'faked' mental illness and a real mental illness. They need to know their symptoms very well to pick it because the actor is usually a psychiatrist/psychiatrically trained staff member.

They also said on thursday that Max Sica was in court too. He was supposed to be in court 5 as well. Also in msm it's still saying in most reports that GBC is only in the medical ward. I can't see anything that says he is in the psyche ward.

Both psyche and medical units could be just one physical place within the compound.

When I saw one of the first reports about GBC's arrest I noticed that his lawyers looked rather disappointed. Not unhappy or in any way motivated, but disenchanted. That makes me think that they have already realised back then that their client is in fact guilty. To me, they look like they know.. JMO

613746-baden-clay-lawyers.jpg

1949323.jpg

vd-Lawyer-408x264.jpg

563402-peter-davis.jpg

661576-darren-mahony.jpg

From memory, I think it was Hawkins who explained if a lawyer/barrister knows their client is guilty, they cannot represent them in Court as being "not guilty/innocent". At this stage, they are representing him as not having committed this crime.

It has been knows that before Psychiatrists pass their final exams, they are put through tests to determine certain states of mental ill health. One of them is whether or not they can pick a 'faked' mental illness and a real mental illness. They need to know their symptoms very well to pick it because the actor is usually a psychiatrist/psychiatrically strained staff member.

yeah, he's got buckley's......hes no hannibal lecter

Some of the personality disorders present as 'totally barking mad' eg borderline personality disorder.
Disagree on that one. Princess Diana and Marilyn Monroe were reputed to have suffered with Borderline Personality Disorder. They had the ability to "be apparently competent" that often leads close ones to trivialise their problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader