OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you, pepper34. I don't think a jury will have any issues with these cases once the evidence is presented. Also, from the getaway driver to the person who fired the most rounds, under the law, they share equal responsibility. As far as the grandmothers, have they been charged with accessory to murder after the fact? Or is it alleged that they knew ahead of time and did nothing? It's horrific either way. I can't envision how they went about living life at all, let alone running a farm, interacting with clients...

Here's what I have in my notes:

*Fredericka Carol Wagner (76) (Paternal grandmother) indicted (11/12/18), arrested (11/13/18) , charged & arraigned (11/15/18) with 1 count of perjury & 1 count of obstruction of justice. Plead not guilty. $100K Surety bond.

*Rita Jo Newcomb (65) (Maternal grandmother) indicted (11/12/18), arrested (11/13/18), charged & arraigned (11/15/18) with 3 counts forgery, 1 count obstructing justice & 1 count perjury. Plead not guilty. $50K Surety bond.

Anyone know when these two will be back in court?
TIA!

Are you thinking they buried items on Flying W Farm? It’s so massive, they would certainly know of areas that are most secluded. It’d be impossible to search every inch of that place.

Investigators traveled to ten states during the investigation. Any idea where all they went?
I'm guessing the states they travelled through to get to Alaska from Ohio, but then again I know nothing.

Sort of OT, but, I read somewhere, that a family killed other members of the family, over custody of a child, and then buried them, in their vehicle...in the killers' back lot. LE didn't find them for decades and only found them because they arrested someone close to the family for something unrelated, and they ratted them out. An entire family kept that secret for over 20 years, iirc. I wish I could remember the names of the family and where it was. It seems like Raisin may have posted it at one time.

I remember a case but don't think it was a family. There was a vehicle buried. Whatever the case was that I am thinking of, it had a thread on WS. We could be thinking of two different cases.

Snoods are common in traditional dresses in different parts of Europe.

They are rarely worn today. But the older generation, born in early 1900 used to wear them.

In some regions, they can be very elaborate.

Women of several highly conservative denominations still wear a snood or "charity scarf." These churches are seen fairly commonly throughout rural Ohio, which is really all of Ohio, excepting for the handful of population-dense urban centers. (Cleveland, Columbus, Cincinnati, Toledo, Youngstown, and Dayton) I don't know with what church the Ws are affiliated. (I almost don't want to know.) But that could explain the snood.

IQ, do you recall why LE went to the Wags day one? TIA
The Rhodens where killed somewhere around daybreak so how did they have time disposing of the murder equipment, think real hard the cop where talking with the Wagners a few hours after they discovered the Rhodens, what would you do?
JOHNNYBB Get out of my head!:D (making it hard to sleep) You are SO RIGHT about burying a vehicle. A person could hide a multitude of items in a buried semi container. (I bet survivalists do it all the time.) Do y'all remember the Schoenfeld brothers who, in their pre-planned kidnapping, buried a semi in an abandoned rock quarry? Scroll to the bottom of the story and you can actually see a picture of the buried truck being removed. " Officials remove a truck buried at a rock quarry in Livermore, Calif., ..."
https://www.nydailynews.com/.../calif-man-1976-school-bus-kidnapping-granted-par...

Last edited:
Hi everyone. I, too, have followed this since day one. I live fairly close & it was very frightening to think we had such violent person/s running at large. No one I know ever believed the cartel rumor. Everyone that knew any of the victims or now suspects zeroed in immediately on the W family. I know none of the parties involved but did speak with RW once regarding a potential purchase of a pup.

IMO, the Ws have been under surveillance since at least day 2. They just didn’t realize it. And, the more time elapsed, the more confident they became.

I know you’ve discussed “John Doe”. (I wish I had time to read every post). I think it’s RW. Since most family gatherings don’t include sitting around plotting & covering up multiple murders, any discussions had to be conducted around someone they felt would not betray them.

Do you all have a fave in mind that ultimately went to LE?

Hi, Trudie. I'm curious to know if you have someone in mind who you believe went to authorities? TIA

I tend to believe the victims grew pot. IMO, the Rs lived free of a few rules. Growing mj is a trend. Some states no longer penalize mj. Canada will be short of legal mj to put under the christmas tree.

But if we were to discover that the perps brought these pot plants on the scene to cover up their crime, I would believe it too. I am guessing these plants must be young and suppported with very little or no equipment otherwise we would have seen something coming out of the homes.

The defendants had a dispute with the victims. I imagine a few people knew about it. If the perps planned their crime thoroughly, they had to think of a way to cover it up.

Jonas, I hadn't considered that the Ws could have staged the plants. Very interesting!

I think on the contrary. I feel one will blame the other three and/or Big Daddy will want to take all the blame. Don’t you think one is gonna say “I NEVER shot anyone” and open the door for discussion?
The arrests w/awesome! Such precision. So much collaboration.

I think they are all going to say, "I NEVER shot anyone." IMO, the discussion will be brief. I think that contrary to my perception for most of the last 2.5 years, thinking that LE was dragging its feet on the case, that they really did have that laser focus on the Ws. I think they were collecting evidence diligently all along, and that they've got undeniable proof (maybe audio/vid discussing the murders). I owe an apology to all LE who worked on the case. I think I judged them very unfairly. :(

Good question TRUDIE, but I had to stop following this case and only came back at the moment the arrests were announced. (Many of you know I lost everything in the Ventura Thomas fire of Dec. 2017 and shortly after, another 20+ lives lost in the landslides after the rain. My personal loss was nothing, absolutely nothing compared to the intentional taking of lives by perverted intentional violence.) There are so many other knowledgeable "day one" citizen sleuths who can answer that question better than me. My heart and kin has always been with the rural and peaceful memories I had of Ohio. (I originally was seduced with the idea of "drug revenge" as the impetus... perhaps others were too? Anyway, I feel like a total schmuck for believing some of the first reports.) Maybe they will post the answer tomorrow. IQuestion, just so much tragedy.

IQuestion, I am so very sorry for your loss!

I remember a case but don't think it was a family. There was a vehicle buried. Whatever the case was that I am thinking of, it had a thread on WS. We could be thinking of two different cases.

Lisa Marie Kimmel? Her car with plates "LILMISS" was found buried on the killers property many years after her body was found.

Sort of OT, but, I read somewhere, that a family killed other members of the family, over custody of a child, and then buried them, in their vehicle...in the killers' back lot. LE didn't find them for decades and only found them because they arrested someone close to the family for something unrelated, and they ratted them out. An entire family kept that secret for over 20 years, iirc. I wish I could remember the names of the family and where it was. It seems like Raisin may have posted it at one time.

There was a case in Ohio where a girl jogging wound up dead. The killer buried her under a brush pile and burned the car used to move her. A neighbor saw the activity the day after the girl disappeared and notified LE. When LE came to search his property, he just walked away. He was found dead from suicide in a pile of hay bales. The guy's son was charges as an accessory after the fact for renting the back hoe used to bury her.

I think they are all going to say, "I NEVER shot anyone." IMO, the discussion will be brief. I think that contrary to my perception for most of the last 2.5 years, thinking that LE was dragging its feet on the case, that they really did have that laser focus on the Ws. I think they were collecting evidence diligently all along, and that they've got undeniable proof (maybe audio/vid discussing the murders). I owe an apology to all LE who worked on the case. I think I judged them very unfairly. :(

It sure looked like it could be a cover up or something the way the buried all the evidence with court orders.

Jmo I hope I don’t get in trouble for this, but why go into four different locations when they could have went into one if over custody. I know I can’t think like a killer but I just can’t understand the bigger risk of getting caught entering four locations vs one location and setting it up to look like robbery or something else. If it is because they all knew of the dispute why not kill others in the family, because more than the victims probably knew of the dispute quite well. Jmo

Thinking about the ways that they could have disposed of evidence, it wouldn't be out of the ordinary for a farm to have recent burn or dig spots, espescially if they had been planning in advance. My grandparents' property isn't as big as theirs, but there are tons of random places that the dirt is distrubed or something was burned recently. It also wouldn't be that difficult for them to take apart a vehicle. They would have most likely already have had at least a sawsall, if not a torch or even a plasma cutter. There's a lot they could do with a vehicle to hide or destroy evidence that wouldn't seem weird in Pike County or a similarly rural place.

FW has her affairs mainly in LLCs, she’s a shrewd biz woman. Great attorneys, CPAs, etc. her assets are protected.
Personally, I bet she’s livid over the events and the arrests.
If anything, she has concern for the boys. For the apples didn’t fall far from the tree.
Her other children, B & R seem to be normal, productive adults. I think their presence in court isn’t a show of support as much as an eagerness to know what’s next.
If any of the 4 was bonded out, hard to guess whom they’d go after next.
The “John Doe” prob’ won’t be revealed until trial. I’m sure “John” is under 24/7 protection.

Trudie I don't think her assets being in an LLC is going to protect her in a wrongful death lawsuit. Although an S Corp would protect some assets from a lawsuit against her personally, any profits she made from any S Corp or LLC's she is a partner or shareholder in would be subject to seizure if the families win the lawsuit. So every dollar in profit she earns now and in the future would go to the M's, G's and R's.

That is the way it happened with O.J. Simpson. Every dollar he earns goes to the Goldman and Brown families.

I could be wrong though.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members