GUILTY PA - Carlesha Freeland-Gaither, 22, Germantown, 2 November 2014 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe she was confident and feeling safe that night, no need to call BF. Maybe she had her phone out getting ready to call, who knows. IMO I see nothing nefarious in her not calling - is there an inference I am not picking up? I hope not.

Why do you suppose she didn't call her BF and tell him when she would be getting off of the bus?
Wasn't that the plan? He was to meet her?

Things would have turned out so much differently had BF been there. Maybe she did call and he missed it?

maybe she was confident and feeling safe that night, no need to call BF. Maybe she had her phone out getting ready to call, who knows. IMO I see nothing nefarious in her not calling - is there an inference I am not picking up? I hope not.

I brought it up out of curiosity... nothing more.
If she was being bothered by someone prior to that night and was afraid, I would have thought she would have called him JMO

[modsnip]

http://instagram.com/p/u8sWA5A4-u/

Here's a link to victim's current FB...I think this is a different one than has been posted (only one photo and 2 liked groups, one of which is very interesting. It seems she locked her page down tight):
https://www.facebook.com/Carlesha1331?pnref=story. Not really a lot on her FB page other than a couple of reviews. One to a juice bar a week ago and almost a year ago she reviewed a Bar school (I'm wondering if she had any previous experience as a bartender? That would open her up to meet a whole slew of people).

On an added note...I took one for the team and clicked those groups (I really hope that doesn't show up in my feed. I have all my church family on my page. Ach, can you imagine talking your way out of that). Both are very unsavory pages and look to be hook up pages (I didn't delve into the local area). I did do the group's search feature and it does NOT look like Carlesha posted in either group. However, it does look like these are very old pages with hardly any activity on them. Maybe someone else can sleuth them further. It's possible a friend liked those pages, she received an invite to like, and blindly did so. I have a family member that likes every group I do...I have no idea why..lol.

Thanks, Chickaroo!! :)

It's still up for me. It goes to her About page. It's just not showing anything b/c I believe she has it on private. Mine shows up the same way...if you are not on my friend's list.

I am just amazed that 1. There was camera footage to catch everything. 2. There were bystanders (I will be honest. I normally have one or both my girls with me, so I would immediately call 911 if I watched something like this occur, but I can't honestly say I would put myself in the middle of the situation. I can understand why they did not intervene). 3. I may be wrong, but did the time stamps on the video verify this went down in all a matter of a couple of minutes? That's just so incredibly fast for anyone to react or gain their bearings.

One thing Carlesha showed is...she is a fighter. I hope the suspect using the ATM card with pin means she is still alive and if that's the case...I believe this young lady will find a way to come home.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsuY6zze1Zs

Full length video ... surely whoever was in the car that pulled up, stopped in the middle of the street for a few moments then backed all the way down the street must have seen something! Hopefully they will come forward!

It's surprising how quickly this all happened too. I'm not sure what I imagined an abduction to be like ... just not so fast - she hardly had a chance to react. Good for her kicking out the windows in the car!

I finally broke down and watched the full length version. Ugh. Anyone here with video editing skills? Seems like we could see so much more if we could only lighten this up a little KWIM?

I was glad to see a report about it just now on WESH TV (Florida) - that means word is getting out nationwide, with lots of eyes to recognize something (hopefully).

Things would have turned out so much differently had BF been there. Maybe she did call and he missed it?

Or if she had carried a gun or pepper spray or stun gun or whistle.All women young and old should carry something.I carry a personal alarm when the pin is pulled sets off a painful sound to alert others and cause perp to flee.

Target carries several forms of protection,put one in a loved ones stocking at christmas.

I think she was specifically targeted. If where she was abducted is the bus stop she typically uses, I think the perp knew what time it stops there and planned to get there at that time. I wonder if he drove around the block a few times before, just to pass time, or had someone else following the bus so he'd know exactly when it would arrive. I think she got off at a different stop to avoid someone who knew her routine (or that nights plans) but didn't realize she'd still walk right past her typical stop at a similar time.

Something about this makes my hinky meter go off. I don't know if she was set up, or (God-forbid) some part of this isn't true or what. But something is not adding up to me. I think at the very least there will be a lot of twists and surprises in this case.

I think she was specifically targeted. If where she was abducted is the bus stop she typically uses, I think the perp knew what time it stops there and planned to get there at that time. I wonder if he drove around the block a few times before, just to pass time, or had someone else following the bus so he'd know exactly when it would arrive. I think she got off at a different stop to avoid someone who knew her routine (or that nights plans) but didn't realize she'd still walk right past her typical stop at a similar time.

Something about this makes my hinky meter go off. I don't know if she was set up, or (God-forbid) some part of this isn't true or what. But something is not adding up to me. I think at the very least there will be a lot of twists and surprises in this case.

Me too. The perp seemed very calm, focused and purposeful after getting out of his car...like he was calmly executing a carefully thought out plan.

I wonder if the the perp guy changed cars. Can't imagine him driving all the way to MD with two smashed out windows. Wonder if the ATM video captures the car he was driving.

Me too. The perp seemed very calm, focused and purposeful after getting out of his car...like he was calmly executing a carefully thought out plan.

It also looks as if he talks to her a couple of times - first time across the street and then another time right before he grabs her. I think LE have a POI and are keeping that name close to their vests until they can get him apprehended or follow him around to figure out where she is. Praying for your safe return Carlesha...prayers & strength going out to her family as well.

I wonder if the the perp guy changed cars. Can't imagine him driving all the way to MD with two smashed out windows. Wonder if the ATM video captures the car he was driving.

They've got to know who the POI is. One of theses cameras got the lisence plate, right??

Just heard on the news that they are reviewing bus cameras and so far have not seen her on any buses!

I can't believe how quickly he abducted her, even with her fighting back, and how quickly he left the scene when the police only took about 3 minutes to get there when they got the 911 call! It had to be planned!! Whether she was targeted (which I think she was) or it was random, this dude had his plan down pat, and BAM, he set it into action!

As for the windows, well, if he is driving the same car, he could have went somewhere and finished knocking the glass out, and people would just think the window was rolled down. Even if he put plastic over the window, sadly I've seen that MANY times, so many might not even notice.

Even if they have a plate number, I don't think it's the right plates. For some reason, I don't think the front and back plates match. No I haven't seen the back plates, but something is nagging me that they are stolen plates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay