GUILTY PA - Carlesha Freeland-Gaither, 22, Germantown, 2 November 2014 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG Yes!! That has been really confusing me and I didn't want to say because no one else had so I assumed it must be really obvious.

So glad both of you saw it! I though I was losing my marbles. Originally I thought it was her until I realized she was coming from the corner. It looks like a person, but I don't think it ever moves.

Possible, but if she knocked out one window, why wouldn't she have jumped through it as she broke it? if he was in the front seat and hitting the brakes? She then went and broke the other window, so he didn't subdue her, if he did until after both were broken. Something else is going on.

Just my opinion, I believe there was someone else in that car at the back with her from everything I've read, seen etc... I do think there is more than just 1 perp here, not many others think the same, I will eat my hat if I'm wrong but that's what I believe!

Just my opinion, I believe there was someone else in that car at the back with her from everything I've read, seen etc... I do think there is more than just 1 perp here, not many others think the same, I will eat my hat if I'm wrong but that's what I believe!

My mom has always told me, things aren't always what they seem. I apply that to everything in life and every case I look at here. LE said they thought this was a random person. From that moment, I have thought, things are not always what they seem. Regardless if it is one or two people, I don't think it is random. Something is very off about the parking of the car, what happened in the car, and sorry, but the other car pulling up and then thinking they heard pow pow, but not calling 911.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1DMx3xc2iE#t=34

That is the convenience store video.

Watch that, and then watch the supermarket video. Look at the shoes. They are the same shoes.

I do think the faces look different but then we have to take into account that daylight and the light in the convenience store will alter his appearance slightly. And the CCTV quality, and his hood being up/down.

I am pretty sure its the same guy. And LE must be too otherwise they wouldn't have released the supermarket vid.

You could be right. The only problem I see with that theory is that they had eye witnesses that saw this take place, and nobody I've heard of came forward to say they saw a third head bobbing around in the backseat, or saw a third subject at all.

Possible, but if she knocked out one window, why wouldn't she have jumped through it as she broke it? if he was in the front seat and hitting the brakes? She then went and broke the other window, so he didn't subdue her, if he did until after both were broken. Something else is going on.

This is bugging me, where did it come from she broke BOTH back windows? When I watched the presser last night and it was mentioned the Officer said passenger side back window, I wanted to watch it again to make sure I heard right, along with a few other things. Anyone else watch it and remember?

Your mom is a very smart woman hockeymom, I agree, every single possible angle should be taken into consideration. I don't think this was random at all, he pulled up as if he just knew where she would be at that given time. I was rather cynical about the person hearing pow pow and NOT calling 911 too, who wouldn't call 911 in that situation? Maybe it's just me but something is very odd in this case, very odd in what we know anyway, the nothing to lose attitude, changing shoes, going to the ATM where everyone knows there is CCTV. Overall it's the nothing to lose attitude is what's worrying me the most.

This is bugging me, where did it come from she broke BOTH back windows? When I watched the presser last night and it was mentioned the Officer said passenger side back window, I wanted to watch it again to make sure I heard right, along with a few other things. Anyone else watch it and remember?

Police say she kicked out both rear windows just before the car sped away.

http://6abc.com/news/woman-tried-to-escape-kidnapper-in-germantown/378388/

That was one of the initial things they reported on way back at the beginning of this saga.

My mom has always told me, things aren't always what they seem. I apply that to everything in life and every case I look at here. LE said they thought this was a random person. From that moment, I have thought, things are not always what they seem. Regardless if it is one or two people, I don't think it is random. Something is very off about the parking of the car, what happened in the car, and sorry, but the other car pulling up and then thinking they heard pow pow, but not calling 911.

BBM

Where I live, not in the US, if I heard a gunshot right now I wouldn't call LE.

If I saw something happen where a gun was involved I would get as far away from the scene as soon as I could. I would then go to a police station FAR from my home and make a statement there.

I never rule anything out, but I don't think the reported actions of that witness are anymore suspicious than anything else in the case IYSWIM.

A total of $47,000 in reward money is being offered in this case. Some of the money is being offered for both an arrest and conviction, some for an arrest only.

Authorities hope the reward and the dramatic surveillance video of the kidnapping will lead to a break in the case.

"We need to find this young lady," said Philadelphia Police Commissioner Charles Ramsey. "We need to find the person responsible and get him in custody and get her home safely."

Police found Carlesha's glasses and mobile phone lying on the road where the abduction occurred. .

On Monday, authorities also picked up a glove at the scene as possible evidence.

Police say she kicked out both rear windows just before the car sped away.

Carlesha's family says she worked as a nurse and had spent the evening visiting with her godson before heading home.

http://6abc.com/news/woman-tried-to-escape-kidnapper-in-germantown/378388/

At the presser the main guy said that when police arrived on scene they saw a lot of glass. The way he said it made me think they really did think it was a huge amount of glass. Maybe the report of BOTH windows being kicked out was released before they spoke to the witness because that was the impression they had from all the glass.

But at the presser he definitely only said the rear passenger window was kicked out.

Your mom is a very smart woman hockeymom, I agree, every single possible angle should be taken into consideration. I don't think this was random at all, he pulled up as if he just knew where she would be at that given time. I was rather cynical about the person hearing pow pow and NOT calling 911 too, who wouldn't call 911 in that situation? Maybe it's just me but something is very odd in this case, very odd in what we know anyway, the nothing to lose attitude, changing shoes, going to the ATM where everyone knows there is CCTV. Overall it's the nothing to lose attitude is what's worrying me the most.

Thanks. I agree with everything you have said. Been my thoughts for awhile.

At the presser the main guy said that when police arrived on scene they saw a lot of glass. The way he said it made me think they really did think it was a huge amount of glass. Maybe the report of BOTH windows being kicked out was released before they spoke to the witness because that was the impression they had from all the glass.

But at the presser he definitely only said the rear passenger window was kicked out.

But wait. I was thinking she kicked out both windows too, but let's just think about that. If she were able to kick out BOTH, it would not be simultaneously or even within a few seconds of each other. She would have to lay down on her back to kick out one, then sit up and lay down again , facing the other direction, to kick out the other . So the second window kick would be at least a block or MORE further on down the road. That would not jive with the pow pow pow. She could not physically have done both in that second or two. So now I'm leaning more toward maybe there was a gunshot? But why would he use a big knife if he had a gun? Maybe she grabbed something in the car floor like a hammer to hit out the windows?

But wait. I was thinking she kicked out both windows too, but let's just think about that. If she were able to kick out BOTH, it would not be simultaneously or even within a few seconds of each other. She would have to lay down on her back to kick out one, then sit up and lay down again , facing the other direction, to kick out the other . So the second window kick would be at least a block or MORE further on down the road. That would not jive with the pow pow pow. She could not physically have done both in that second or two. So now I'm leaning more toward maybe there was a gunshot? But why would he use a big knife if he had a gun? Maybe she grabbed something in the car floor like a hammer to hit out the windows?

I am having trouble with this also

I agree with this. I think initially they thought both based on eye witness account, but upon further investigation realized it was just one.

I think if there was a second person in the back seat as other posters have theorized, that person would have hopped out and helped get her in the car. I think he's acting alone.

Thank you! He did say that, and the video I saw last night where they showed you a brief shot of the glass on the floor, it didn't look that much glass to me. But if it was both sides the glass would be in 2 different places so maybe that was just one of them :thinking:

I also think he is acting alone.

The window(s) could have been busted out by either of them during the struggle. I am sure he noticed the car in the road while he was fighting to control Carlesha. She is a fighter. he may have been swinging at her wildly and hit a window himself during the struggle. I can't believe no one has come forward yet. Actually I have to believe someone has and the Police are just tracking down the lead...I am sure we will hear something soon about this guy in the videos.

I'm not in the US so do not have access to local news on this and don't have cnn etc... does anyone know if there is a press conference scheduled or any updates soon?

I thought I read that the person in the car HAD called 911?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faithfülly