Penalty Phase #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Posted this before, but after reading above it is even more relevant:

Did it occur to anyone else that in her allocution JA pointed out two goals she has for prison life that she has STOLEN directly from Travis and his family, IMO?
1) Literacy in prison: IIRC the Alexanders are setting up a fund to promote literacy, availability books etc. for underprivileged children because of Travis's love of books.
2) Prison recycling program to have a positive impact on the planet: IIRC Travis spoke and blogged about environmental issues and impacting the planet - it is one reason he bought a Prius.

IMO JA PURPOSEFULLY CHOSE these two issues to raise in her allocution as a way to further hurt the Alexanders, sending them a %#@&$ you message. It must be torture for them to sit there and listen to her essentially say, "Give me life so I can do these things that I made sure Travis could never do" and, "I am a good person like Travis was - I care about the exact same things."

The jury has no way to know about the Alexanders' plan for the Travis literacy/book fund; not sure they heard about Travis's feelings re: environmental issues. IMO JA brought up these specific ideas simply to dig at the Alexanders. If she gets life, they will have to go on thinking she is "working on" two of the issues dear to Travis and she knows that will be hurtful to them.
noticed this as well but didn't think of it as ja taking a jab at the alexander family, instead i thought it was yet another example of just how obtuse and unresourceful she actually is, how unintelligent she really is, she simply copied what she knew, what struck her as impressive, what she learned from ta. she's a parrot, an aper, little else.

Please, someone explain how it is she's able to do these interviews?? Shouldn't she be too busy umm being locked up?? So, what does Sherrif Joe just say ok, everyone else to their cells but Jodi you go and do those 4.5 hrs of interviews. I'm just floored that the jail and specifically the warden is allowing a convicted murderer to carry on this circus. It defies logic that a convicted killer be given the freedom needed to conduct these interviews. I'm just shocked that the warden - who's supposed to be such a hardass - is allowing this. I would think he would say no way to this. Can anyone explain how (and why) this is being accommodated by the warden?

The darn news outlets have probably been petitioning the courts over this for months.

Average hair growth is 6 inches per year, with that treated hair of hers when she was arrested, how many times to you REALLY think she donated her hair? She had to totally grow it all out. They don't accept "treated hair". If you average it, we're talking 6" x 5 years (almost), that's 30 inches and how much was treated? Someone with "Hair Expertise" help me out with this!

Here is a link to their site. Hair has to be at least 10 inches long to donate. Colored and Permed hair is okay, but they will not take bleached hair. Jodi has been in jail for 5 years, right? Like you said - her hair has probably grown 30 inches since she got put in the slammer.

http://www.locksoflove.org/donate.html

Personally I'm looking forward to seeing her in make up. I wanna see if she was always as ugly under the make up as she is now or if it is a recent development.

I'm looking forward to her hair do .. considering it's the last time she'll get to get her hair set, I'm hoping she goes for something 'dramatic' :)

When exactly did JS lift the interview ban?
When did Arias have time to set all of these interviews up? Is that why there were court delays - so she and her attorneys could have time to wheel and deal?

I am livid, and will not support ANY of these interviews. If you want carp like this to stop, PLEASE DO NOT GIVE THEM AN AUDIENCE. No ratings, no rotten stories.

Personally I'm looking forward to seeing her in make up. I wanna see if she was always as ugly under the make up as she is now or if it is a recent development.

She had make up on today. You could see her eye shadow. and no smears from her crying.

OMG....NG has to bring up about her fiance again. She never misses a chance to talk about herself or her twinkies.

Hey NG, this is about Travis murder!!!

GOOD GRIEF

NG reporting JA has requested make-up for her interviews. Aaarrrrgghhh!

She always uses make-up, especially for interviews. TV people make her up, use appropriate lenses, light, etc.

WATCH the interviews and compare them to her minimal use of make-up in court--yes, she wears it there as well, but it's very much downplayed. You'll be amazed.

Jodi Arias is one of those women who are transformed by make-up, eyebrow alteration, etc.. For some women, it doesn't make much of a difference. For others, the difference is transforming.

"This was the worst 'mistake' of my life" Arias said.

Would it be a mistake to defend yourself? Did saying that demolish her appeal?
I hope so.
When she has her appeal, is she allowed to change her plea to something other than SD?

The DT seems all over the map with their "official story" today.

JW argued that JA has Borderline Personality Disorder, diagnosed by Dr. Demarte--the same PhD JW trashed on the stand with her withering sarcasm and high pitched questions. She also argued that Dr. Samuels dx'ed Personality Disorder Not Otherwise Specified. This goes against their case that all Jodi had was PTSD due to Travis' "abuse."

The jury does not believe it was self defense. They don't believe Jodi was abused. They believe she is a cruel psycho stalker who murdered a man who wanted her to get out of his life!

So is she saying that the 1st Degree Murder was her "mistake?"

I think JA has made her DT as crazy as she is.

BTW, I think Tuba described the effect of CMja's allocution perfectly.

It didn't come across as genuine. Empty words, and she seemed so soulless.
She had no business or place in her own words.

The whole issue of her being allowed makeup is a big surprise to me.
I have compared some key features of the Jodi Arias trial with Marni Yang....and here I go again: Marni Yang was forbidden from having her hair colored (it has become somewhat grey in the jug while she awaited trial) and makeup.....the warden or head of the prison spoke to that issue before the court indicating that she didn't make the rules but everyone is treated equally in jail and she couldn't permit her to have makeup and/or dye in the interest of fairness to the other inmates as well as in the safety because apparently dye can be dangerous, etc.
Interesting to remember that Casey Anthony used an eyebrow pencil during her trial that she purchased from the prison commisary, so jailhouse rules must differ greatly from state to state.

IT is stunning to me therefore that Jodi was permitted to have any makeup at all, but perhaps some is necessary for the lights of a TV camera.

Why do some have the impression that this judge is in favor of Jodi's creature comforts? I haven't had that impression at all. In IL, the judge couldn't rule on the hair dye/makeup anyway--such decisions rested squarely on the shoulders of the prison warden

Bet the judge orders the jail to supply her whatever she wants.

Alright ya jerk, lol just kidding.

I was feeling pretty good about myself, not too good, not too low, but after hearing about what a fantastic person CMJA allegedly is behind bars I'm too depressed to continue on the way I am so I'm just going to sit on the couch, watch all that TV, and eat ice cream out of the container. But I will definitely recycle the ice cream container and when I see my neighbor I will say Hola!

Thank you for trying to make the world a better place. Don't forget to turn off the TV when you're done.

I'm signing out for the evening here-I'm kind of shocked by the extreme sentiments being expressed. I am fully aware of what this case is about -but I still can't so self righteously demand the death of another person-yes I am a victim's advocate and I know how brutally Travis was slaughtered, but this message board just feels creepy to me tonight.

Please, someone explain how it is she's able to do these interviews?? Shouldn't she be too busy umm being locked up?? So, what does Sherrif Joe just say ok, everyone else to their cells but Jodi you go and do those 4.5 hrs of interviews. I'm just floored that the jail and specifically the warden is allowing a convicted murderer to carry on this circus. It defies logic that a convicted killer be given the freedom needed to conduct these interviews. I'm just shocked that the warden - who's supposed to be such a hardass - is allowing this. I would think he would say no way to this. Can anyone explain how (and why) this is being accommodated by the warden?

She better be wearing stripes, that's all I have to say. If she isn't, I'm going to write to the Sheriff myself and report the theft of his.....reputation.

Anagrammy

I did, but didn't see anything...but maybe that's because I don't have a Twitter account?

I don't have Twitter either. I was so frantic that I typed "Websleuths is down" into the search bar and that's how I found out what was going on lol. Whew!

Of course he will. I bet his request was the first one to be granted. Jodi and her DT love this man and he loves them.

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer 58m
Actually folks, I'm not the only one doing an interview with Arias tonight. She will be talking to ABC, NBC and AP among others

and my reply:
@michaelbkiefer Oh then congrats on not being the only giving her chance to hurt his family! Career > common decency?

I'm pretty sure Troy said either in WRITTING or on CAMERA, he was DONE with Arias, and would never interview her again.

All of those interviewers can just go to he** for their part in this.

DO NOT WATCH FOLKS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member