GUILTY SC - Five Jones children, ages 1-8, Lexington County, 28 Aug 2014 *Father Arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Children were reported missing Sept 3rd by the children's mother in SC and the paternal grandfather in MS after they failed to show up for a family reunion over the holidays.

Press conference to cover

Why no Amber alert

Why no pictures of the children

Why no news coverage

This is in my neighboring county about 1/2 hour from where I live in South Carolina. Yesterday was the first news coverage of their disappearance. Will be interesting to hear what they have to say now that they're dead.

SC is a death penalty state but I'm afraid one of our high profile, anti death penalty (or co-horts from out of state) will defend him pro-bono. Susan Smith comes to mind.

I'm in SC, too..... agreed... smh

Can I say bless his (sheriff) heart!! I wanted to hug him ... He was clearly upset in that press conference .. :(
I will be very interested to read the children's services reports that are released later ...

Children were reported missing Sept 3rd by the children's mother in SC and the paternal grandfather in MS after they failed to show up for a family reunion over the holidays.

Press conference to cover

Why no Amber alert

Why no pictures of the children

Why no news coverage

This is in my neighboring county about 1/2 hour from where I live. Yesterday was the first news coverage of their disappearance. Will be interesting to hear what they have to say now that they're dead.

Only thing I can figure is he was custodial parent, so he could take them wherever. I also wonder if they already feared kids were dead and didn't want him to flee country or kill himself and they'd never find kids bodies ... :( poor babies.

I am very close to Smith County, Ms. Would very much like to give that officer in Smith co a hug for a job well done.

Yes, he was custodial parent as per the divorce so no legal justification for releasing info about their abduction, even though he had a history of disappearing with them. Good to know that the FBI was involved from day 1, for whatever good that did in saving them.

From the press conference, the father is a graduate of the University of Mississippi and is a computer engineer. Mind boggling. I just don't understand.

Brains play no part when they're fried on drugs. The area of Lexington Cty where he lived with the children is very rural, lots of back roads, and very well-known as an area with tons of meth labs and home-grown/made drugs. Based on what was found in the car and his condition at the time of the stop, I'd say it's a safe guess that he was involved in using and/or manufacturing said drugs.

How the courts decided it was in the children's best interest to be placed with the father is beyond me.

MOO

http://www.wistv.com/story/26496442...ghly-intelligent-capable-of-handling-children

Pardon me but did they say how the children were killed?

Saw this on my local news (Jackson, MS) last night and just now able to get here and post. My heart is absolutely broken that this can happen. Not to mention that coming from AL to Smith County, MS via Hwy. 18 put this freak traveling through Rankin County about a block from my house. Gives me chills I can't seem to shake. It amazes me how these drugs turn someone responsible and intelligent into losers and monsters. I've seen first hand how lives are destroyed by them. I don't know what the answer is about these drugs but I do know things like this are going to continue to happen because of them. Just so terribly sad!!

:rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose:

Rest in peace Baby Angels!!

Brains play no part when they're fried on drugs. The area of Lexington Cty where he lived with the children is very rural, lots of back roads, and very well-known as an area with tons of meth labs and home-grown/made drugs. Based on what was found in the car and his condition at the time of the stop, I'd say it's a safe guess that he was involved in using and/or manufacturing said drugs.

How the courts decided it was in the children's best interest to be placed with the father is beyond me.

http://www.wistv.com/story/26496442...ghly-intelligent-capable-of-handling-children

Yes, it is rural and meth is rampant. I work with a young woman who lives with her family in rural Lexington County. Her grandparents live on land adjacent to theirs. They have to be uber-vigilant because of strange people just cruising around. Some have been chased of their property. They are all good faith based based folks....and Dad and Grandpa taught their girls which end of a shotgun to use if need be. It has gotten that bad.

OkieGranny's link upthread shows this info, wonder if that could be the reason?

Two years ago, the wife moved in with a male neighbor and Tim Jones moved away with the children, the Hyders said.

http://www.kentucky.com/2014/09/09/3420904_5-kids-missing-from-sc-foul-play.html?rh=1#storylink=cpy

That link also sounds like Dad was an angry man who neglected the kids (per the neighbors interviewed). They said Dad didn't believe in the school system, so those poor kids never had a chance to have a little respite from him. When he was arrested in his Cadillac Escalade he appeared to be under the influence and the deputy found what were believed to be chemicals used to manufacture methamphetamine and a substance believed to be the street drug Spice, a form of synthetic marijuana.

It's just heartbreaking. Those poor, poor kids :(

First of all, how did this "mom" let him move away with the kids? How did he get custody? And it says the wife moved out 2 years ago but the kids age range was 1-8. Was she pregnant when she left?

This is absolutely heart breaking. The older children were old enough to know something was very wrong. I just don't understand why a father would take these drugs while having his children with him. No sense of responsibility? WTH?? Horrific. Simply horrific.

Can someone point me to the link(s) where it mentioned where he graduated college and where it states that his father lives in MS? We heard some conflicting info on the radio this morning and I want to clarify some things for myself.

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/...eath-five-children-mississippi-ties/15387259/

Authorities said there had been a complaint to the Department of Social Services about Jones and his treatment of the children on August 7, and the Lexington Sheriff's Department and DSS both went to their residence and talked to Jones, the children, and neighbors. At that point, they couldn't find anything to say they had been abused, but were set to revisit the home within 45 days...

McCarty said the children's mother, whose name has not been released, is understandably not doing well.

"I don't think that there's a person in this room that could speak to the mother of these children and not become emotional," he said. "She has lost five vital body parts. And she's a very nice person, very sweet lady, and she's in shock and extremely distraught."

Why he had the kids and she didn't is a question I'd very much like to see answered.

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/...-miss-last-person-seen-missing-kids/15351279/

Three boys and two girls.

First of all, how did this "mom" let him move away with the kids? How did he get custody? And it says the wife moved out 2 years ago but the kids age range was 1-8. Was she pregnant when she left?

It says she moved in with a male neighbor .. Not blaming her at all, but I wonder with a good lawyer if he didn't claim she abandoned her kids ... I think this was all out of spite. The fact she moved in with a male neighbor probably ticked him off ... Just my opinions

Can someone point me to the link(s) where it mentioned where he graduated college and where it states that his father lives in MS? We heard some conflicting info on the radio this morning and I want to clarify some things for myself.

I heard this in press conference.

We don't know much of the details yet surrounding this, but I just wanted to interject something about how this guy could have had custody....

Addiction is progressive, so he may have been a fit parent or at least seemed to be a fit parent when he got custody and then went downhill afterwards. You don't start using one day and wind up on the street the next day strung out. Some people can use for years and still keep up a front that everything is normal (although I am not personally too familiar with the effects of meth and/or spice and how hard it would be to keep up a front long term with the use of either of those). The timeline for advanced addiction is different for each person.

Just throwing that in the mix since of course we don't have hardly any details yet. Maybe she willingly forfeited primary custody or maybe she was more unfit than he.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BentDove
Back