State rests rebuttal case - thread #169

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's wrong with that? Nothing! This jury and defense team has been coddled and catered to for too long now. If I were on the jury, I would want to push through, keep to the schedule.

It's not the jury's fault.

Plus, they need to finalize their closing statements. I don't agree with dragging this trial along like a herd of turtles for 4 months, and then, WHAM, they have to stay late questioning witnesses the day before? That's bs. Attorneys need time to finesse their final and ought to be able to be refreshed.

Why make them cram now at the most critical point? Does someone have vacay plans or something all of a sudden?

Is there anyone who thinks that one or even two of the jurors could be considering the self defense theory?

Yes. There are probably a couple who, like some defendants we know, probably got dropped on their heads as children.

The doctor is barking up the wrong tree with the BPD rebuttal. But he may have a point with the gunshot through the brain:

Phineas Gage is often referred to as one of the most famous patients in neuroscience. He suffered a traumatic brain injury when an iron rod was driven through his entire skull, destroying much of his frontal lobe. Gage miraculously survived the accident, but was so changed as a result that many of his friends described him as an almost different man entirely.

The Accident

On September 13, 1848, the then 25-year-old Gage was working as the foreman of a crew preparing a railroad bed near Cavendish, Vermont. He was using an iron tamping rod to pack explosive powder into a hole. Unfortunately, the powder detonated, sending the 43 inch long and 1.25 inch diameter rod hurtling upward. The rod penetrated Gage's left cheek, tore through his brain, and exited his skull before reportedly landing some 80 feet away.

http://psychology.about.com/od/historyofpsychology/a/phineas-gage.htm

I’m not saying Little Missy is telling the truth about the order in which she did things. It’s probably the opposite of what she’s saying. But I go with evidence, and people, apparently, can move - and more - even though they have serious damage to the frontal lobe.

Just my 2 Cents here...

But if you've every shot a firearm (even a little one) there is recoil. All of that energy has a blast area - and standing beside one even worse - standing in front of it ??

He also testified to ammunition being "Hollow point" having more damage area. FYI - Jodi's grandpa's gun was loaded with 7 hollowpoint bullets.

Wild About Trial 2@WildaboutTrial2

I saw Dr. Horn just come in. I think he may be next up on the stand but not sure. #JodiArias

The doctor is barking up the wrong tree with the BPD rebuttal. But he may have a point with the gunshot through the brain:

Phineas Gage is often referred to as one of the most famous patients in neuroscience. He suffered a traumatic brain injury when an iron rod was driven through his entire skull, destroying much of his frontal lobe. Gage miraculously survived the accident, but was so changed as a result that many of his friends described him as an almost different man entirely.

The Accident

On September 13, 1848, the then 25-year-old Gage was working as the foreman of a crew preparing a railroad bed near Cavendish, Vermont. He was using an iron tamping rod to pack explosive powder into a hole. Unfortunately, the powder detonated, sending the 43 inch long and 1.25 inch diameter rod hurtling upward. The rod penetrated Gage's left cheek, tore through his brain, and exited his skull before reportedly landing some 80 feet away.

I'll bet gage didn't get up off the ground and say lets get back to work.
Look at when a boxer gets knocked out--the first thing they do after coming around is have a dazed look and where am I.
Now think of how hard a bullet has to hit you to go through your skull at it's thickest part then travel through to the other side.
And you think Travis could chase her after that.Me thinks not!

I’m not saying Little Missy is telling the truth about the order in which she did things. It’s probably the opposite of what she’s saying. But I go with evidence, and people, apparently, can move - and more - even though they have serious damage to the frontal lobe.

I'll bet gage didn't get up off the ground and say lets get back to work.
Look at when a boxer gets knocked out--the first thing they do after coming around is have a dazed look and where am I.
Now think of how hard a bullet has to hit you to go through your skull at it's thickest part then travel through to the other side.
And you think Travis could chase her after that.Me thinks not!

The Accident

So did he stand up and walk away. Because that is the point here.

He was notified in November about this case. Why? Darn JM was going there. He has to know something about this case and I think the only reason he decided to come to testify now was because of JW lies. Me thinks Dr. G should have watched Dr. DEMarte's testimony. He probably would not have come to court.

This is PURE SPECULATION, but I have a sneaking suspicion that another doc from this guy's "institute" is the one JA said she told about the pedophilia claims back in 2009 or 2010 - she said this when JM followed up on the jurors' question about if she had told anyone about the claims. JM said, "There was a therapist you told, right?" And JA answered, "No, he wasn't a therapist. He was a psychologist from San Diego, but I don't remember his name."

My theory is maybe that doc as part of the "institute" suggested the defense contact ALV.

Now, when AlV bombed, the defense goes back to the "institute" but the original doc is either gone, or they don't want the prosecution to know that the "institute" already had a connection to the case way earlier and may have (for whatever reason) declined to pursue the case at that time, so they use Dr. G.

MOO

I am the biggest loser in the history of the world. I'm still in my jammies FROM THIS MORNING, haven't combed my hair or washed my face. And it's only a few hours until bedtime. And my butt hurts from sitting ALL DAY. Good God.

You're here for Travis and that's a wonderful thing...

idk - i can't begin to count the number of days i've worked 12 hours or more. I bet many of you have as well. It's standard for some professions. Suck it up and finish today. Jmo

amen!

Are they seriously not going to take a dinner break?! Poor jurors!:facepalm:

I like how Juan just brings back the same witnesses over and over instead of chopping and changing when they stuff up :)

Hello fellow trial hostages. Just tuning in and looks like they're pulling an all nighter! :Banane57:

What's wrong with that? Nothing! This jury and defense team has been coddled and catered to for too long now. If I were on the jury, I would want to push through, keep to the schedule.

the JURY has been catered to and coddled? I think not...I don't know who is doing that. They have zero control over what the court does. If JSS wants a long lunch break, start late, end early, they have no say. They have had to listen to some of the most inane ppl and their blather, watch the DT draaaaaaag this out. If anything there has been little respect for them at all.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

This is o/t, but I can't help but see my brother, over and over, being shot in the head. I know he was immediately unconscious and incapacitated, but it's still horrific for me to think he knew for one split second, what was happening.

My anger and pain are huge today, listening to a NON-MD say that "we" don't know for sure what injury Travis sustained with this "small" caliber weapon!!!

Hugs to you bznbear! Sorry to hear that about your brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV