trial day 49: REBUTTAL; #149

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the whole thing about this line of questioning: didn't Samuels say at one point that he'd used a faxed copy of an answer form for one of the tests he administered? Juan was questioning him about the accuracy of his peculiar answer collecting techniques. I can't bear to go back and find the specific testimony, but I do remember someone here on WS pointing out that that was a cheapskate, copyright-infringing thing to do.

Wasn't the issue w/ his tests that he filled in the answers FOR JA on a piece of scrap paper or something from a legal pad? It's not so much that he used a copy... I'm sure that is pretty common. But he filled in the answers for her I thought.

I think a very dramatic person like jodi may call a simple headache a MIGRAINE just for attention

I was looking at an old DD transcript. Found an OOPSIE MOMENT from the killers testimony:
(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

NURMI: What was the first incident of violence?

ARIAS: Well, I didn`t consider when he pushed me down twice violent.

NURMI: OK, but that was the first incident.

How about the last instance of violence? Was that June 4th?

ARIAS: No, that would have been right before I moved when he choked me until I lost consciousness.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

OOPS. Did she just ADMIT there was NO violence on Travis's part on June 4th?

FROM http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1303/05/ddhln.01.html

Why would she risk her career doing that when she has no axe to grind with Dr. D? JD is very professional and has answered all her questions not giving JW a hard time considering some of the questions JW has asked her. I really do not think JW would do that right in front of the judge and into Mike's ear to put on the record. There was a mic there, you can hear her shuffling papers.

I remember a moment early in the direct, when DM looked totally gobsmacked by evidence of the silly from one of the expert witnesses. And Wilmott smiled in appreciation. I don't think Wilmott made that comment. She's a competitor, not an idiot. IMO.

h9165DA84

O-M-G, what in the h..l is that thing with the cat????

Not all migraines cause literal vomiting, but certainly light sensitivity and nausea. I know I've had them like that. I couldn't keep my head up and my eyes open in that courtroom. I would have my eyes closed and probably be trying to apply pressure to my temples, etc. Not that it would work, mind you, but I wouldn't be doing a paint-by-numbers version of the Sistine chapel, or whatever Einstein's been crafting at her desk for lo these many weeks.

Someone I knew who did suffer from them had to wear sunglasses indoors and was in a lot of pain, mostly holding their head when they sat down, etc. JA hasn't exhibited any of that behavior in the courtroom, prior to having to call these recesses. Curious if she were offered the opportunity for a MRI if she would suddenly feel much better???!!!

I'm just catching up on today's testimony. Love, love, LOVE that Dr. D had her hand scored sheet available to give to JW. it's obvious in so many ways, but that just showed how much more credible this doctor is than any the DT has presented. She's killing it!

Imo JW needs to tread carefully with Doc D. When (doc d) she "knows" something she really understands it. If JW was smart she wouldn't get caught up in semantics, Doc D is gonna win.

Does anyone know if there is a clip of when everyone came in to court after lunch and/or when they returned to court at around 2:30 AZ time just to dismiss for the day?

Jodi Arias is NOT suffering from migraines! Years ago, I was plagued with them for a short period of time. I knew when they were coming on because I started to experiece double vision. That was the signal for me to pack up my desk and rush home before I was completely disabled. I had to close all the bedroom drapes because the light was intolerable. The pain was so great I started vomiting. It lasted for over 15 hours. When I went to my doc, he prescribed Darvon, which helped...but not completely.
Thankfully, they disappeared as quickly as they began. Haven't had one in 20 years.

JA would not have been able to sit there scribbling in her notebook if she had a REAL migraine! They are truly incapacitating. Over the counter medication will not help one iota! She is malingering!
I get migraines, although not as bad as yours, and there is one over the counter thing that helps me- Excedrin. If I take it right away, I'm okay within 20 min. Otherwise, if I let it go, I end up to the point of barfing. I will grant Jodi the possibility of getting Migraines, but today I think it was malingering because she didn't like what Dr. Demarte has been saying about her.

Does any one here NOT believe it was PRE-MEDITATED?

Refresh FACTS;
1. Gun "stolen" from Grandparents house (casing at crime scene matches GP).
2. Dyed hair from blonde to brown (neighbors wound not say JA)
3. Rented a car (not her car neighbors would recognize)
4. 3 gas containers -2 proven other more than proven to me
5. She "broke-up" with him and drives how many miles before he goes to Cancun

PS You've got to believe in God or his ways. What solidified JA, camera, or yes, Karma, or Poetic Justice. Call it any way you want, but may this man be layed to rest.

The fantastic thing is that Dr. DeMarte stuck to her guns and said, "That is inaccurate." Now Juan can follow up on cross and clear it up letting the jury know that Wilmott was the one who was wrong.

Of course, with this delay due to "illness", Wilmott will hear about this and will probably find away to save face during the rest of her cross tomorrow. Something like: she "misspoke".

If she has to admit to the jury about misspeaking on this important point, I hope the jury asks her what other information she may have throw out there without the facts.

By the way, JD was right about Walker and her criteria. This is the latest version of her book.

The Battered Woman Syndrome - Lenore E. Walker - 3rd Edition (2009)

On page 41,
The research has now demonstrated that BWS has six groups of criteria that have been tested scientifically and can be said to identify the syndrome. The first three groups of symptoms are the same as for PTSD while the additional three criteria groups are present in intimate partner victims (IPV). They are:

1. Intrusive recollections of the trauma event(s).
2. Hyperarousal and high levels of anxiety.
3. Avoidance behavior and emotional numbing usually expressed as depression, dissociation, minimization, repression and denial.
4. Disrupted interpersonal relationships from batterer's power and control measures.
5. Body image distortion and/or somatic or physical complaints.
6. Sexual intimacy issues.

And what it says in there about PTSD is nothing contrary to what JD is saying.

JD is wiping the floor with her. JW is just making herself look foolish.

Earlier in the trial, JA, had on two different pairs of frames. The pair she has on now is the third pair. I have not watched every day, but I did notice the other frames, and I liked the styles better then the current ones. There maybe more pics of different frames.

Do inmates get brand new glasses, or do they get what people turn into "old glasses collectionboxes"? JMO

Don't know about now, but IQ scores originally were meant as predictors of scholastic achievement. Period.

Yeah, that was Binet, and the US Army ran extensive testing, testing was quickly adopted by the Eugenics movement in the 1920s, and was used in anthropometry, grouping various racial and ethnic groups in hierarchies, a practice now thoroughly discredited.

One man invents a hammer, another man uses it to hit someone over the head.

The watershed book on anthropometry and the role of (perverted) intelligence testing was Stephen J. Gould's book The Mismeasure of Man.

I'm sorry if this has already been asked, but does anyone know who else Juan will be bringing in as a rebuttal witness?

I just have to put this here......

I wasn't able to watch live today, so in viewing the YT videos this evening, I nearly fell out of my chair when JW goes to joker type laughing & grinning at Dr. D about "not talking about inconsistencies".

nl8nfd.png

After watching this video about Jodi's home sweet home - Estrella Unit - I fully understand her desire to prolong the trial and stay out of there as much as possible:

Prison: Estrella, Women's Jail, Maricopa County, Phoenix, AZ. - YouTube

I can't imagine staying there overnight, much less 5 yrs.. Let me know if this blows the margins and I'll delete asap.

However, this isn't where she would live if sentenced to LWOP or certainly not if given the DP, correct?? In that regard prolonging the trial keeps her in the Estrella Jail much longer, and more comfortable than where she ultimately would be.

Honestly I do believe she realizes she is losing...and wants the trial to last as long as possible before she hears that one word "GUILTY".

MOO

After watching this video about Jodi's home sweet home - Estrella Unit - I fully understand her desire to prolong the trial and stay out of there as much as possible:

Prison: Estrella, Women's Jail, Maricopa County, Phoenix, AZ. - YouTube

I can't imagine staying there overnight, much less 5 yrs.. Let me know if this blows the margins and I'll delete asap.

Different accommodations. Jodi is in a pod sharing a cell with another inmate. She isn't in the stripey PJs dorm pillow fights section.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Onus