TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just tossing an idea out there. What if the perp. was a woman who waited in the Church for MB to arrive to confront her about something? The argument got out of hand and the perp. bashed the head of MB? The perp. didn't go there to necessarily murder MB but ended up killing her in a fit of rage. Who goes out to murder a person with a heavy object? What woman goes out to beat to death someone? This is all pure speculation on my part.
How would you explain breaking into the church dressed in swat gear, just to confront and talk to someone?

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

Re: the gun question...

I was reading over my notes again today (since we had some time), and looked at the wording in that 4/22 presser again. When asked by a reporter during Q and A about this topic, Cmdr Spann's exact reply was, "I did not say the victim was shot."

What he didn't say was: "No, the victim was not shot." There is a difference, however subtle.

Earliest LE statements have also declined to state 'how the victim died' even though SW and a few news sources also state she died of head and chest 'puncture wounds' consistent with the tools lying nearby. That (IMO) is also carefully sidestepping a direct answer (if she was shot), and as it seems to be something LE needs to keep close to the vest in order to capture or convict their suspect, I have no issue with that.

Chief Smith said that at the first presser (it was with with Captain Spann) (iirc Asst Chief Johnson has had all the rest of the Update Press Conf) and I do agree that the way the reporter asked it, was like someone had said that or they just assumed it. The SW have couple diff wordings, but as they don't want to speak of her COD. They are saying Homicide though. So they actual COD from Autopsy, may not be known for a long time. I know on a new interview on 4/21 MT stated that she didnt know or even sure if BB knew.. then later BB said he hadn't seen the docs and asked not to be told. That could be an added reason not releasing the full stuff. JMHO

* I know in Beverly Carter murder, they did not release COD until her trial was going on. IIRC, the family was only told not long before the trial.

Just tossing an idea out there. What if the perp. was a woman who waited in the Church for MB to arrive to confront her about something? The argument got out of hand and the perp. bashed the head of MB? The perp. didn't go there to necessarily murder MB but ended up killing her in a fit of rage. Who goes out to murder a person with a heavy object? What woman goes out to beat to death someone? This is all pure speculation on my part.

Sure -- but why wear the costume?

JMO If a gun had been fired, I'd think that the campers would have recognised the odor. Maybe they did. They know a lot more about the scene than has been made public.

What the new height details tell the world (especially the friends and family of SP who have been suspicious) is that SP is not a 6 foot tall Goliath, in fact SP is not even 5'8" or 5'9" tall. SP is no taller than 5'7" and not shorter than 5'2". This tells me SP is 5'4"-5'5". Just thinking that I would be adding some inches to the height on both ends, if I were making an announcement. It is called "wiggle room". But, the circle of possible suspects is tightening and it is starting to look more and more like a FSP. And by the look in SP's eyes, there was no fear, only calm before the rage. Whoever did this didn't just start acting weird. This is a mental break down, someone has to have noticed. So, some people are starting to squirm, as in "oh, no! It can't be her, right?"

Just saying. JMHO

I see progress. Eyes are on other people now. And most of all SP feels the pressure.

I just so happens that LE released a single shot of a vehicle sitting in the very parking lot where newly released video shows that parking lot has cameras that work very well. Well enough to be able to count the money of the man in the truck. Come on. This is serious pressure.

This was a huge announcement.

Thank you LE.

Yikes... reading this post and seeing the word eyes... made me realize... MB being 5'3... its not like she would have had to look up much to see the eyes of the SP... that is such a chilling thought. I pray it was super fast before she even realized what happened.

Yikes... reading this post and seeing the word eyes... made me realize... MB being 5'3... its not like she would have had to look up much to see the eyes of the SP... that is such a chilling thought. I pray it was super fast before she even realized what happened.

I think MB probably recognized her, too, in spite of the goofy get-up. Eerie. JMO

I think that is very possible. Perp may have just wanted to threaten & it all got out of hand. Perp seemed very calm while walking around church. Just my opinion.

I think the dog tells us something informative. IMO it shows LE not seeing one thing, and looking for an outside-the-box answer.

What I believe it shows us

I think the later dog search is a great indicator of LE's thinking in regards to trying to figure out why the perp had come there. The perp was clearly there for some intended reason (shown by the costume, and the fact it was done on an inconvenient night with the rain). One obvious possible explanation for the perp's presence was to specifically do harm to MB. But if not that, then why would they have been there?

So the other obvious thing to consider is they entered to take stuff. But imo this tells us that they really couldn't find any evidence of a theft gone wrong. Nothing was taken, but things of value could have been. So, they wondered if the perp came to leave something rather than take something, since the perp was there for quite some time and took nothing.

And what would someone leave? A bomb.

The next group gathering, when a bomb could have been set to inflict much damage, was Wed eve. So they brought in the dog just to make sure that there was no bomb left on the premises.

And since they didn't find a bomb either, then why did the perp come there? One more indicator, if we needed one, that it was specifically to do harm to MB.

IMO this plays to even more covering up of the real reason perp(s) there(to kill MB). I bet we find a message was scrawled on a wall or some other threats aka bomb in plan to throw off LE.

I think that is very possible. Perp may have just wanted to threaten & it all got out of hand. Perp seemed very calm while walking around church. Just my opinion.

Don't you think that Missy would have called 911 and busted the perp? Breaking and entering is a serious charge.....and threatening someone's life is, too. Perp went there to specifically murder Missy. JMO

The image you are working with is the one I posted a few pages ago. It was very cautiously enhanced. I marked the passenger. Any other enhancements may add things, that are not there. -Nin

Thanks for posting it, Nin. Great photo.

I tend to believe that Missy was targeted, however the more I think about it with the gun vs. hammer discussion I wonder.

If I was going to target someone that church, that morning was the perfect scenario. I wouldn't use a hammer or knife. I'd definitely use a gun. Rainy morning. Before 0500. The church itself would seem an unlikely place to expect to assault or attempt to kill a person. The building is almost isolated as the gun store is about a 1/2 mile away and residential houses almost that far away with some trees between them and houses. I originally thought a .22 auto with a homemade sound suppressor would be ideal. (No, it's not all that farfetched. Go on YouTube and search for how to make a sound suppressor or silencer for a .22. You can make one with one inch PVC pipe or metal conduit pipe and some items you can purchase at a hardware store.) Then I thought there is too much of a chance to lose one of the ejected casings, so a revolver would be best. No ejected casings. With many revolvers I could use a .22 short hollowpoint as that would make less noise. So I'm inside a building with rain coming down - both help muffle the sounds. I have a good distance between the church and occupied dwellings. If someone else pulls up, chances are they might still be inside their vehicle rolled up and possibly the radio or CD player going. I don't believe anyone would notice the sound of a .22. I wouldn't need a sound suppressor and it wouldn't get in the way of my sights. Two shots, three at the most and I would continue out the back of the church and drive off. Toss the gun in a river or lake. Toss the gloves (gunshot residue). If I'm far enough away from my victim I don't need to be concerned with blood on my clothes. And I'm not the best shot with a handgun.

Using a hammer or a knife requires the killer to up close and personal. Many blunt force murders are the product of a heated discussion or altercation. To use a hammer or knife in a planned assault requires confidence in one's own abilities and cold blooded motivation to go through with it. That is the type of confidence that comes from the kind of training that the Army, Marines or Coast Guard provides. (Maybe police training as well.)

That said, it is not impossible for someone with no training to plan to assault someone up close with a knife or blunt instrument. Happens often enough to not rule it out. And, of course, I'm shooting holes (no pun intended) in my theory that this was a premeditated murder, but rather a robbery/vandalism that went bad. And, too, a person below the age of 21 might not have access to a gun and ammo - vandalism by someone in their late teens?

Just pondering how I would do it. Others might have a different approach.

What does this mean? Not following what this has to do with the case
Please disregard my post. Don't know how to delete it from phone. Accidently posted on wrong thread.

Also, this picture indicates that Missy went into these main Front doors.

IIRC, she parked under the awning, then realized her key did not open the side door, so she had to walk around to the Front doors. This would indicate her normal procedure was to go in the front doors if she did not know her key worked on that side door.

This brings the question up were these side doors opened for her class regularly?

The image/picture I am discussing is on page 12, post 171. I couldn't get it to post on this page. Arkansasmimi, I checked your drawing out and NG left a few things off, so I had to come back and make my post follow this image. Your's has much more detail and is the Best! :rockon:

LOL thanks. To be Factual... WE (Public) do not know which door MB entered into. Whethere it was the MAIN Front (West) Big Glass windows/doors OR the doors nearest to her Truck under the Covered Awning. JMHO from reading the SW for iPhone & iPad, my opinion is she entered into building through doors nearest her Truck. If I am wrong, I will be first to admit I am . Its JMHO

ETA: Respspectfully BBM, we have no way of knowing what MB realized or thought or anything. I have not seen where her key fit. I know a friend who husband cleans a church, and he told me that all the main doors (to the church he cleans are keyed to the same key and other inside doors have different keys) if that was fact of this church, wouldn't matter which door she entered into. I haven't seen what her normal procedure is here at this location. JMHO I could see where the Metal door to Kitchen may have a different key, but not why the other entry doors would be different.

Interesting.

MIDLOTHIAN TX

• The overall crime rate in Midlothian is 39% lower than the national average.
  • For every 100,000 people, there are 4.98 daily crimes that occur in Midlothian.
  • Midlothian is safer than 62% of the cities in the United States.
  • In Midlothian you have a 1 in 55 chance of becoming a victim of any crime.
  • The number of total year over year crimes in Midlothian has decreased by 8%.

WAXAHATCHIE TX

• The overall crime rate in Waxahachie is 7% higher than the national average.
  • For every 100,000 people, there are 8.66 daily crimes that occur in Waxahachie.
  • Waxahachie is safer than 53% of the cities in the United States.
  • In Waxahachie you have a 1 in 32 chance of becoming a victim of any crime.
  • The number of total year over year crimes in Waxahachie has decreased by 7%.

More rape and assaults in Midlothian, on the other hand less burglaries than in Waxahatchie. 0 homicides in either.

attachment.php

Source: http://www.areavibes.com/search/

Attachments

• MB crime stats comp.jpg
    MB crime stats comp.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 377
Unless the image is reversed, the flasher should be for right turn because you can only turn right on that side of the highway.

I must have been typing while asleep. I meant the right side all along! Wow! Thanks.

LOL thanks. To be Factual... WE (Public) do not know which door MB entered into. Whethere it was the MAIN Front (West) Big Glass windows/doors OR the doors nearest to her Truck under the Covered Awning. JMHO from reading the SW for iPhone & iPad, my opinion is she entered into building through doors nearest her Truck. If I am wrong, I will be first to admit I am . Its JMHO

Right. We don't know. If she entered the awning door by her truck, that's the door that she had the key to, and that's the door the campers entered. So, if she was caught on camera entering, then the campers were, as well. That could be the video that LE hasn't divulged. JMO

Please look at this. I think that is the reflective lettering on the police jacket
attachment.php

Rather than reflective lettering on a jacket, I think this is the blinking directional light on the dash as Altima makes a right turn onto US287. JMHO.

How would you explain breaking into the church dressed in swat gear, just to confront and talk to someone?

Plus, I think it all happened so quickly once she entered the building- no time for discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214