TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
An extremely tight timeline to commit murder and escape without being caught on tape and no vehicle caught on camera either.
Still makes me wonder if they ever left the building?

Super tight timeline. Either the perp is one of the campers or an employee of the church. The risk of being caught leaving was too great with the tight timeline. Perp could have their workout gear underneath the Police disguise. I'm guessing it is someone who knew the victim. It also looks like the perp trys to disguise their gait by pushing their foot outward deliberately. Perp definitely looks feminine IMO. Like someone else said, slowest burglar ever or planned murder. Burglar would be rushing to get in and out quick. Murderer would be waiting for victim and setting the scene.

This is not a new article, but I thought this was interesting and helps explain some of the Midlothian PD's need for outside agencies' help:

The crime has received national media attention and with it, an onslaught of tips for the police.

“We’ve got so many that we haven’t vetted out yet. The few that I’ve worked on, weren’t valid,” Spann said. “With the backlog ,we’re getting assistance from other agencies trying to contact all of these leads that we’re getting.”

Midlothian PD has received assistance from the Ellis County Sheriff’s Office, Mansfield homicide investigators and the Texas Rangers.

“It’s a very intense situation that we’re dealing with and we’ve spent a lot of hours of manpower and bringing in people who specialize in this type of investigation from other departments,” said Holton who has been charged with prioritizing those tips. “Hopefully, we can come up with something soon and get a suspect in custody soon.”

http://www.jacksboronewspapers.com/news/ci_29815664/community-mourning

Just saw on wfaa news (live TV so no link) that investigators believe she WAS the target and it was staged to look like a break in. I haven't seen/heard this specifically stated so please forgive if I'm late to the party.

As I understand it Tanya Eiserer reported it, but she hasn't updated it to her Twitter feed yet

I believe that in the April 22 presser, in response to a reporters question about whether the surveillance video shows what happened during the 28 minutes between perp arrival and body discovery, that it was affirmative that they have video covering most of that time:

Midlothian Asst. Police Chief:
" [MB] arrived in the parking lot at 4:16 and entered the church "immediately" - A few minutes later she was inside not realizing intruder was already inside and shortly thereafter she was "murdered" inside the church"
We are not going to discuss the details of how [MB] was murdered
Communication center received some calls to 911 at about 5am reporting the incident to [MPD]

4:36 mark
Reporter Q: [do you know what the suspect was doing during that approximately half an hour?]

KJ A: We do and the video we have released and the additional video we have reflect most of the behavior that we know about that took place inside the church

<modsnip>

thanks for this post. And I think the "behavior" was what brought in so many federal LEOS, but jmo

Do we know where in the church Missy was killed at?

I think she was killed at the end of the hallway where the perp(s) broke in. her body was discovered by glass. the back door had glass on it.

few posts up, explains this in a presser.........

Can you please link to the presser where LE said they have video footage of the actual murder? I swear they said the opposite but I could have heard wrong. TIA!

JustJust have to say iluvmuas rockin' tabby! Looks like my Frankie (one of my 3 cats w TomTom the tuxedo & Simba black female feline) He's bopping to Bennie and the Jets...

Can you please link to the presser where LE said they have video footage of the actual murder? I swear they said the opposite but I could have heard wrong. TIA!

Yes, please. I thought they said the opposite as well.

ok as an Australian I just google mapped these and they are SCARY CLOSE

imho

Anararko Ok (Rev Carol Daniels)

and

Midlothian TX

Can someone shed some light on why they would be under the awning(small space) vs inside. It seems like it would be an out in lot vs inside thing? But it sounds like it has been lot, under awning, or inside? 3 places. Does it have to do with severity of rain, cold etc. I don't understand??

And something else that stands out to me is how this man had that silly helmet on his head!! See, I am the sort who hears pins even b4 they drop. So if I were in killer's place & wearing that helmet I would have trub' hearing. And we don't see the killer anxiously watching for Missy - YES HE TIMED HIS KILL to be in a very tight time frame.

I pulled this quote out of your post...great point. Helmet would also limit field of vision...two senses you'd think a burglar would not want to have compromised, but for a perp waiting to commit a planned attack, not as important perhaps as the protection it provides.

It was the 13 min. or so Asst. Chief presser, a question early in the questions part so my guess would be around oh 4 min plus - it's the presser with the tall thin cop standing always to the right by the pillar & fyi at ONE pt. in the presser at about oh 7-8 or so mins., that tall thin cop's mouth bends completely out of shape - like pretend a kid made a perfect 'neutral' mouth out of silly putty BUT THEN SMASHED IT !! That's how tall thin cop's mouth involuntarily went around 7 mins. plus. (Note: There's also a grecian formula no. 9 sort of man who hope in on the right to film but ignore him...)

Found this while I was searching out tweets about Missy . So Missy was at the expo. Don't remember reading that but may have missed it.

*Just a few weeks ago, our booth at the Midlothian Marketplace Expo was not far from the ‘Gladiator’ booth. It didn’t take long to know where the enthusiasm and energy was coming from or where Terri Bevers was. If only everyone had such passion for life.

http://m.waxahachietx.com/article/20160423/OPINION/160429714

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member