UK - Nurse Lucy Letby Faces 22 Charges - 7 Murder/15 Attempted Murder of Babies #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really sorry to labour the point (and believe me, I do know that LL having or not having cats is really not moving this case one tiny bit forward) but how do we knew they're cats? Has she mentioned that she had cats previously and I've just missed it? It's just the suggestion earlier that she allegedly abandoned them to go on hol and they died from malnutrition that I need clarity on.

Whem I read this, I assumed it was her and DrChoc's pet names for each other.
She definitely had cats. It was mentioned back in the dim and distant past.

I highly doubt she went on holiday abd just left them to their own devices, though.

There were 257 handover sheets found in total. Not a single one should have left the hospital, while you could understand a couple being accidental. 257 is complete madness and way beyond just taking random stuff home, they’ve been taken and kept purposely when they shouldn’t have been in her home atall. She shouldn’t have taken them out the hospital and if she did by mistake she should have returned them at the start of her next shift. But instead they were stashed in a bag for life and in a box labelled ‘keep’
Another thing that’s really bothering me is the box labelled “keep”. Why on earth would anyone want to “keep” details of their patients (whether lived or died)?? It really is bewildering and alarming really.

Not to mention the patient group in this trial, people don’t just stash these records in their home/parents etc as keepsakes and on such a mammoth scale, it’s not normal.
I really feel for these families and all involved hearing the evidence thus far and now this. How absolutely awful.

In between qualifying, moving house and her arrest; the numbers of confidential patient information in her house is eye watering.

Moo

Yes, to me it's got more of an angry or 'you didn't deserve it' tone to it, than any declaration of feelings.
I’m unsure what to think tbh; on one hand she sounds resentful and angry, on the other she sounds regretful eg; I loved you (but now here I am/what have I done kind of vibe). It’s interesting in her ramblings the mention of the cats (if that’s indeed who they are); “malnourished, assessment” like a previous poster suggested; did something happen to them? Is that what ended a (possible) relationship with dr choc?

Something more in this, I don’t think we’re getting the whole picture.
JMO

Loll i have no idea i just heard cats mentioned & they do sound like names of cats.
Humans wiv them nicknames seems a bit odd haha
I don’t know if this has been answered already; but it was reported at the beginning of her arrest somewhere (Chester standard I think?) where she was reported to live alone with her 2 cats.
Having said that, in the infamous green post I’d note discussed at length here on ws, there was also the names “Matt and Tom” and people assumed they were the cats. It’s hard to know either way but it was reported early in she had cats by reporters.

I don’t know if this has been answered already; but it was reported at the beginning of her arrest somewhere (Chester standard I think?) where she was reported to live alone with her 2 cats.
Having said that, in the infamous green post I’d note discussed at length here on ws, there was also the names “Matt and Tom” and people assumed they were the cats. It’s hard to know either way but it was reported early in she had cats by reporters.
Yeah i remember something about cats a while back.
Matt n tom are not the cats because they were named in the hereford times birthdays

First time posting, have followed the case closely but have never commented. In regards to the cats I thought it would be useful to point out that a recently uploaded photo of them was her cover photo on Facebook before her page got taken down around the time of her 1st arrest. so i dont think anything bad had happened to her cats

Another thing that’s really bothering me is the box labelled “keep”. Why on earth would anyone want to “keep” details of their patients (whether lived or died)?? It really is bewildering and alarming really.

Not to mention the patient group in this trial, people don’t just stash these records in their home/parents etc as keepsakes and on such a mammoth scale, it’s not normal.
I really feel for these families and all involved hearing the evidence thus far and now this. How absolutely awful.

In between qualifying, moving house and her arrest; the numbers of confidential patient information in her house is eye watering.

Moo

When I moved house, I used random boxes to move things and sort them out and wrote on them with sharpies. I could easily have used a box for an appliance (or a paper shredder) and put some stuff in it and labelled it keep. Obviously, it doesn’t look good for LL that the box labelled keep just had handover notes in it, but it’s possible that she had a lot of paper work in there that she needed to sort through. Maybe she sorted out the other paperwork and didn’t know what to do with the handover notes in case anyone else found them as it wouldn’t look good, so she just left them in there. This could apply whether she is guilty or innocent, IMO.

Yeah i remember something about cats a while back.
Matt n tom are not the cats because they were named in the hereford times birthdays
Good spot, brothers? (Twins by any chance?) do we know?

This ^ it wasn’t as if she didn’t have the facility to shred them either. I don’t know who in their right mind would actually take this amount of work papers home- specifically when you work as a nurse/healthcare professional. Dismissing this or claiming it’s not unusual is just staggering imo. These are medical, confidential notes relating to patient care and are also used for legal purposes. I don’t know why people don’t seem to understand that 1. The severity and legal consequence this can have and 2. The volume of these papers found is extraordinarily shocking and should never ever happen.
Jmo etc
Just had a curious idea. Maybe she takes these notes as some kind of ongoing record of actual patients she had worked with. It’s a trophy still but not macabre in nature, like an ongoing record of achievement that’s of actual patients. She seems like that type to me. Doesn’t leave work at work, apparently takes allot of it home as well.

Last edited:
When I moved house, I used random boxes to move things and sort them out and wrote on them with sharpies. I could easily have used a box for an appliance (or a paper shredder) and put some stuff in it and labelled it keep. Obviously, it doesn’t look good for LL that the box labelled keep just had handover notes in it, but it’s possible that she had a lot of paper work in there that she needed to sort through. Maybe she sorted out the other paperwork and didn’t know what to do with the handover notes in case anyone else found them as it wouldn’t look good, so she just left them in there. This could apply whether she is guilty or innocent, IMO.
I get what you’re saying, but the volume of them is hugely concerning. Even if it was just a small few at her parents and she’d dumped stuff on top/forgotten about them, it doesn’t explain (or justify) the amount in total between her parents and her own address. She was using a paper shredder for her bank statements (confidential information), so equally could have done the same with these documents but chose not to, she knew they shouldn’t have been kept, she would have known the procedure for properly disposing of them and yet didn’t for what looks like most of her career since qualifying. Even if innocent; this issue keeping confidential patient information like this is disturbing. Can you imagine all the families now who she may have cared for their child, even if healthy/survived, now wondering if their child’s medical information has too been stored away in this nurses house along with all these others including the ones she is accused of harming/murdering?

It’s really looking rather bleak right now.
JMO

Just had a curious idea. Maybe she takes these notes as some kind of ongoing record of actual patients she had worked with. It’s a trophy still but not macabre in nature, like an ongoing record keeping of actual patients.
There's a lot of theories. It could be that she has a form of OCD and keeps the notes as a reassurance/compulsion but then why not say that? Its a common condiiton.

It could be that she is a huge hoarder but as per the description of her home it seems quite orderly, not what you'd expect from a hoarder (which is why I believe prosecution made note of her interior design).

It could be that she keeps them as a reference to those patients she has been in contact with but again, why are these SO important to her?

All imo of course

Just had a curious idea. Maybe she takes these notes as some kind of ongoing record of actual patients she had worked with. It’s a trophy still but not macabre in nature, like an ongoing record keeping of actual patients.
But you don’t need to do that when it’s recorded on their files who was caring for said patient(s) and secondly she has no business in doing so. Personally I can’t fathom why anyone would feel the need to remember or keep an ongoing record of all the patients she has had.

IMO she actually seems very disturbed doing this, not least all the ramblings.
JMO

There's a lot of theories. It could be that she has a form of OCD and keeps the notes as a reassurance/compulsion but then why not say that? Its a common condiiton.

It could be that she is a huge hoarder but as per the description of her home it seems quite orderly, not what you'd expect from a hoarder (which is why I believe prosecution made note of her interior design).

It could be that she keeps them as a reference to those patients she has been in contact with but again, why are these SO important to her?

All imo of course
Another thing that stuck out today for me with the design of her home; in one room was woodland animals/green (if anyone can recall the exact part)? It reminds me of nursery decor
JMO

But you don’t need to do that when it’s recorded on their files who was caring for said patient(s) and secondly she has no business in doing so. Personally I can’t fathom why anyone would feel the need to remember or keep an ongoing record of all the patients she has had.

IMO she actually seems very disturbed doing this, not least all the ramblings.
JMO
A personal record of achievement Measured by the handover notes For her own perusal. I know it’s against the rules but I’m starting to think it’s a valid reason for so many.

I can’t believe the info of the other handover notes in the Morrison’s bag we didn’t hear. Odd.

Sorry to bang on about attachment but also aswell as the other things I listed before…
she doesn’t appear to have had a successful long term relationship (could have failed due to her issues with attachment and possibly abandonment), her wanting to get back in room 1 straight away, getting involved with babies she wasn’t designated to care for, wanting to be involved in the grieving process with the parents, sending the card, her strange note writing could be from feeling conflicted, if guilty, devestated that she has taken a life while also feeling relief that atleast she won’t have to go through life not knowing what happened to the babies.

Having so many handover sheets is just strange and points to an obsession with her work and patients, rather than being trophies they may be memories and a way of holding onto something that connects her with her patients. Proof that she was part of their lives. Attachment disorder right now seems to tick so many boxes and might explain some of the things that appear to be without explanation. LL comes across as very very work oriented, and from what we’ve heard didn’t have much of a life outside the neonatal unit.

The note we’ve heard today that says something like ‘no one will never know what happened and why’
Could that be her way of saying that she didn’t harm the babies (if guilty) because she hated them, or because she wanted to inflict pain, but because she wanted to relieve her own internal pain from watching babies come and go over the years, having to say goodbye to families never to see them again. Feeling as though she was a much bigger part of their lives than she actually was.
All MOO
The children were dying in agony of torment.

Surely, if attachment theory was right, the deaths would be more merciful?

Even Shipman's victims died painlessly (morphine).

If LL is guilty

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members