UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
has there been any other cases in the area were a female has gone missing?
I don’t know. Perhaps some of the locals on here can enlighten us. I’m a northerner like you. I think there was mention of a few things earlier in the thread. There’s always missing persons cases that don’t get press attention so who knows what police might be looking at.

has there been any other cases in the area were a female has gone missing?
Not missing, but if you check the Balham Newsie FB page, a woman was attacked near to the Agnes Riley Gardens in January, and a woman gives an account of a man who followed her home in Brixton in February. Also another assault in Hydethorpe Road on January 14th.

Check the comments on the 5th March post about Sarah, not todays, and you will see it. One woman attacked in Radbourne Rd and the other followed in Christchurch Rd at 10pm, so the same time frame.

Last edited:
That is really a very long walk for a young woman to be taking alone by herself near 10 at night.

It is very surprising to me that the friend or the boyfriend would not have offered a ride or even an Uber.

This is a scary case and I fear for Sarah’s safety.

Also, the sleuthing here has been really top notch - especially the local insights and the review of publicly available traffic cam footage. I hope it helps to find SE.

I have two thoughts that I have not seen discussed much that I would be curious to hear others opinions on:

1. Upthread it was mentioned that SE traveled from her friends house to CCTV sighting - about 1.2mi / 1.9km in 30 minutes. That pace is 2.4 mph or 3.8 kph. Does this seem right for the area? I would guess SE’s walking pace to be considerably faster, but I don’t have a sense of how many stoplights / how often she would have needed to stop for traffic.

My ideas:
+ Did she stop into a takeaway shop for a wee or to pick up a snack?
+ Did someone possibly follow her out?

2. I think the dead phone is important evidence - suggesting foul play.

My ideas:
+ I am about Sarah’s age, similar career, and also live alone in a city. I would walk home alone in the dark frequently. My friends may or may not ask me to send a “got home safe” text.
+ I would never walk home 50 min with a low battery phone, especially if I’d been at a friends where I could do a quick charge before leaving
+ SE presumably saw the battery life of her phone when she initiated or answered the call from her partner. I would have kept the call short to conserve battery or asked to speak later so I knew I’d have a working phone the entirety of the walk
+ Given this, I tend not to think her phone died - it is of course possible, but I think less likely

What do others think?

That is really a very long walk for a young woman to be taking alone by herself near 10 at night.

It is very surprising to me that the friend or the boyfriend would not have offered a ride or even an Uber.

Perhaps they did and she wanted to walk. Perhaps they don't drive, or weren't able to. It doesn't mean they wouldn't have if they could have.

I don’t know. Perhaps some of the locals on here can enlighten us. I’m a northerner like you. I think there was mention of a few things earlier in the thread. There’s always missing persons cases that don’t get press attention so who knows what police might be looking at.

yeah there was some stuff mentioned earlier in the thread and some strange characters about in that area like the one that was following a young girl luckliy she managed to get to her house maybe because of the current situation we have been in the year some of these sick people are becoming more desperate then ever before and taking more risks

Also, the sleuthing here has been really top notch - especially the local insights and the review of publicly available traffic cam footage. I hope it helps to find SE.

I have two thoughts that I have not seen discussed much that I would be curious to hear others opinions on:

1. Upthread it was mentioned that SE traveled from her friends house to CCTV sighting - about 1.2mi / 1.9km in 30 minutes. That pace is 2.4 mph or 3.8 kph. Does this seem right for the area? I would guess SE’s walking pace to be considerably faster, but I don’t have a sense of how many stoplights / how often she would have needed to stop for traffic.

My ideas:

My ideas:
+ I am about Sarah’s age, similar career, and also live alone in a city. I would walk home alone in the dark frequently. My friends may or may not ask me to send a “got home safe” text.
+ I would never walk home 50 min with a low battery phone, especially if I’d been at a friends where I could do a quick charge before leaving
+ SE presumably saw the battery life of her phone when she initiated or answered the call from her partner. I would have kept the call short to conserve battery or asked to speak later so I knew I’d have a working phone the entirety of the walk
+ Given this, I tend not to think her phone died - it is of course possible, but I think less likely

What do others think?
I’m not certain, but I think the walking pace was calculated on the CCTV sighting being bang on the Cavendish Rd junction, due to the use of the word “from” in the article(s). If you (like me) take it to mean further along the A205, nearer towards the Clarence Ave phone mast, the pace is slightly quicker.

So something we're not allowed to see happened up by Brixton Water Lane between 20:34-20:50 and at 23:45

Brixton Hill Lambert Rd/2021-03-03 - TfL JamCams Archive

EDIT to add - there's actually loads of censored stills on that day from this camera

perhaps a car of interest (containing perp) was seen moving into position at the earlier time and then see again leaving at the later time - perhaps the perp lived nearby - if a car came out of Lambeth road into Brixton hill then turned into Brixton water lane they can then track it onwards from there

My ideas:

My ideas:

What do others think?

We're all different, but usually if I'm walking home from a friends at night or driving home, I'll usually top up the charge on my phone at their houses ( most of them have iphones or an old charger hanging around!) Otherwise I make sure it's fully charged before I go out just in case.

Also if I walk past anyone in a quiet area, I pretend to be on the phone......."yeah, just walking over the river bridge................." blah blah blah :rolleyes:

Like I say, we're all different and some don't put any importance on battery life until it's completely run down or goes completely, so it's hard to day what SE would have done.

My ideas:

My ideas:

What do others think?

When I had an older phone, I didn't have much storage left and keeping it charged was a really strict regular routine because once it dropped below 40%, it would quickly go to shutdown. If her phone was older and she left the friend's with a dropping charge, she might have turned off for the bit where she felt safest just so she'd have it back for the last end of the trip.

I'm assuming she regularly walked to or from this friend's place and knew how long it would take. Do we even know how often she would make this trip and / or if she had ever made this trip this late at night before.

Since I got a new phone I have not had nearly the battery issues and would feel comfortable with it on at all times.

I think so too. There was a long discussion earlier today on this topic. Personally as a woman I would not walk at night - and I’ve lived in all sorts of countries including war zones in my job so I’m no scaredy cat - and I would not want to see my friends walking at night either.

Nor can I imagine any boyfriend being happy with such a thing.

On the other hand, a lot of other people on this site seem to feel that according to their knowledge and experience, walking in London late at night is safe enough. I guess we all can agree to differ on our perspectives and make our own judgements.

I do think the fact SE walked alone is a relevant topic for discussion here, though. It may (or of course, may not) call into question certain aspects of what was going on before she set out on her walk. Could she have argued with the boyfriend? What state of mind was she in? Did she drink too much and misjudge her safety level?

I don’t mean all this in a judgemental way, just to be clear, but purely in reference to the questions it may raise about what happened.

Of course, there is probably an innocent explanation that we don’t yet know seeing as so many pieces of the jigsaw are still missing.

perhaps a car of interest (containing perp) was seen moving into position at the earlier time and then see again leaving at the later time - perhaps the perp lived nearby - if a car came out of Lambeth road into Brixton hill then turned into Brixton water lane they can then track it onwards from there

I watched the CCTV for the day and there were at least 5 of the grey / censored / unavailable sections. It makes me think they may not be as meaningful as we think. Perhaps this grey screen can also mean loss of feed or other tech issues

Just had a thought when I saw the park.. I need to pee quite often when I drink wine, I know it wouldn’t be a good move but what if she was absolutely busting and she nipped into the park.. I mean I think I would rather pee myself than do that but I’m scared of the dark in my own house, maybe she’s not the type to fear things like that.
Probably a total stupid thought but I’m just going by how often I need, even if I had gone before I left my friends, the wine, the cold and the walk would prob make me need again.

I absolutely would not be able to hold it in throughout a 50 minute walk after drinking wine.

If she is a keen runner perhaps she is used to having an occasional outdoor wee.

When I had an older phone, I didn't have much storage left and keeping it charged was a really strict regular routine because once it dropped below 40%, it would quickly go to shutdown. If her phone was older and she left the friend's with a dropping charge, she might have turned off for the bit where she felt safest just so she'd have it back for the last end of the trip.

I'm assuming she regularly walked to or from this friend's place and knew how long it would take. Do we even know how often she would make this trip and / or if she had ever made this trip this late at night before.

Since I got a new phone I have not had nearly the battery issues and would feel comfortable with it on at all times.

She'd made the journey many times before

"A woman who went missing while walking home in south London had made the journey “many times before” and her disappearance is completely out of character, family members have said."

Police reveal last sighting of missing Sarah Everard | News | The Times

A concern would be that someone knew that she made that route regularly.
It would be interesting to know whether it was a regular Weds visit to her friend or if SE had encountered someone on that path a number of times before or had been acquainted with someone.

I watched the CCTV for the day and there were at least 5 of the grey / censored / unavailable sections. It makes me think they may not be as meaningful as we think. Perhaps this grey screen can also mean loss of feed or other tech issues

Yes, several of these were in broad daylight and unless it was a particular suspicious vehicle that kept cropping up on the video, would be hard to relate to the current timeline

This case has really spooked me and my friends. We had a conversation and now have measures in place about what to do if any of us don't message to say we are home safe.

I dont think walking 50 mins in an inner city is unusual, Sarah looks fit and healthy and maybe misjudged the how busy it would be or maybe her familiarity with the route gave her a false sense of security.

I dont think its been mentioned but maybe Sarah called her partner to say someone was following her or she had noticed something dodgy and wanted someone on the other end of the phone for reassurance. That may be the complexity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper