Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That gun and two others were traced to MWJ during the TB investigation. From cell phone and computer records.

MOO
Wouldn't there need to be more proof that this particular gun was the one mentioned in texts? My gut is telling me someone spilled. ... for perhaps selfish reasons (he knew they had him, so he admitted to it, hoping for charge/sentence reductions). moo

Isn't it interesting that the particular gun used in WM's murder is an oldie? So simple to explain that WM owned guns in the past, but it was thought they had been given away.

Interesting too that according to the testimony from those on the scene so far, DM did not offer up that he had just given that same gun to his father for his birthday?

So many things to consider!

"And yet, when the first paramedic to arrive at the scene — the call came in from Wayne’s long-time ex-wife, who had been called to the house by Dellen after his purported discovery of the body — was asked if he observed “any injuries,” his reply was that he had not."

BBM. This makes absolutely no sense with all the blood that's been reported.

jmo

That was my first reaction, too, but thinking about it now, paramedics' job is to provide emergency medical care... so arriving at a call, the paramedic is assessing the situation from that perspective. In this case, once he observed (and checked) that the patient was indeed already dead, I would think that is the end of his job, seeing as he cannot provide any medical assistance. In his testimony, Bill Smith (the paramedic) said (according to Adam Carter's tweets) that once the patient was found dead, he called the police. He confirmed that it's not within his job to try and determine the cause of death. Similarly, I would assume it's not part of his job to look for injuries to the patient/body once he has confirmed that they are dead, which in this case happened pretty quickly, I think, especially since the 911 call stated that the patient was already dead.

All along I have absolutely been assuming that an autopsy was done. Is this in question?? When I searched for any mention anywhere of an autopsy having been performed on WM, I come up empty-handed. Is it even possible that an autopsy was not done? I had thought an autopsy was always required in a sudden unexpected death, especially if it did not occur in a hospital. But if, upon brief look, it appears to be a suicide, and the only immediate family member is saying suicide, and I don't want an autopsy, is it then up to the coroner to decide whether to have one? I will be in total shock if an autopsy did not take place in this case.

I've been assuming all along an autopsy was not done... based solely on my understanding that if all signs point to a suicide and the family did not request one, the ME would not perform one. In WM's case, there would be ample reason for DM to not request one. MB wouldn't have any reason to request one either. But now, I'm not even sure if this is actually protocol here in Ontario or if it's a case by case or regional call?

I guess we'll find out soon enough if one was ever done.

All along I have absolutely been assuming that an autopsy was done. Is this in question?? When I searched for any mention anywhere of an autopsy having been performed on WM, I come up empty-handed. Is it even possible that an autopsy was not done? I had thought an autopsy was always required in a sudden unexpected death, especially if it did not occur in a hospital. But if, upon brief look, it appears to be a suicide, and the only immediate family member is saying suicide, and I don't want an autopsy, is it then up to the coroner to decide whether to have one? I will be in total shock if an autopsy did not take place in this case.
Would it really surprise you? o_O There had to be some type of examination because IIRC they retrieved the bullet.

I think DM had plenty of time to clean up before he let his mom know dad was dead.

I doubt it. He claims he got home and discovered the body around 6:30pm and called his Mother. I don't think he'd be dumb enough to lie about that. She got there, called 911, and the first responders started showing up within a half hour. I doubt he hung around the scene at the time of the murder either. He had an alibi to get back to and may have had a cab waiting. We haven't heard of a second call to a cab company.

MOO

RSBM Re the gun that was found. This is what the Jury didn't hear in the LB trial.

"The .32 was found lying beside Millard’s father, Wayne Millard, in November 2012, in what was initially ruled a suicide. Millard said he’d bought it as a birthday present for his dad, who at one time had up to half a dozen guns in the house."

Opinion | Guns, drugs and murder: What the Laura Babcock jury wasn't told

IMHO, he's going to say that he borrowed it from his dad or was showing his dad how to use it or something- RP is going to say "if he had murdered his dad with it, certainly he would have wiped his prints off" I honestly could see DM thinking this way- if he left his prints on the gun, he definitely wouldn't be a suspect . MOO

His defense will likely be that he bought and handled the gun so of course his prints were on it. He had to wrap it you know. ;)

Wouldn't there need to be more proof that this particular gun was the one mentioned in texts? My gut is telling me someone spilled. ... for perhaps selfish reasons (he knew they had him, so he admitted to it, hoping for charge/sentence reductions). moo

Isn't it interesting that the particular gun used in WM's murder is an oldie? So simple to explain that WM owned guns in the past, but it was thought they had been given away.

Interesting too that according to the testimony from those on the scene so far, DM did not offer up that he had just given that same gun to his father for his birthday?

So many things to consider!
That gun is illegal in Canada.

That sounds very plausible to me - a form of elder abuse. I can't imagine how Wayne felt living there. DM didn't listen to him at Millardair and it's obvious that he and his friends had complete run of the house. So sad.
IT was definitely abuse to Wayne Millard. He took over the house and did what he wanted, even murdered in the house.
He was doing the same with the company turning into a chop shop and I am sure a lot of drugs at the house and the hangar.
He was improperly using money from the company to pay for the eliminator. Wayne was still involved with the company and if he saw the invoice for the eliminator, how did DM explain it.
He had his own properties that he could live at, but for some reason, he lived at Maplegate.
He should have been locked up a long time ago. He was evil and an increasingly seasoned criminal. IF he is found guilty this time he can be called a serial killer.

I tried unsuccessfully to find a reference but wasn’t it reported sometime not long after DM was first arrested that the coroner had never signed off on WMs death. Maybe he was never satisfied with the information gathered at the time
of death and if an autopsy was never performed this might support his hesitation.

Edited to add link: Tim Bosma: Ancaster man was killed inside truck, source says | The Star

Last edited:
I'm just guessing on that but I think the motive would be greed. DM wanted the money. It's that simple. Just like he wanted a truck and killed for it and just like he wanted CN and killed for it. Nothing new here really. When he wants something he takes it...however taking means.

ALL MOO

If it was just the money that he wanted, then he killed the goose that laid the golden egg. I would think that if he waited a few years, he'd be more likely to inherit a profitable, smooth running operation that had its loans paid off. But I agree that he just took what he wanted, whatever he happened to think he would get from this ... perhaps just a big hanger where he could play with his cars. His logic defies all reason.

moo

I wish this could be included and can't understand why it isn't allowed. It's not as though it's hearsay evidence. JC can get on the stand and swear it happened. Doesn't seem right.
That is totally illogical. Evidence like that should be allowed!

I tried unsuccessfully to find a reference but wasn’t it reported sometime not long after DM was first arrested that the coroner had never signed off on WMs death. Maybe he was never satisfied with the information gathered at the time
of death and if an autopsy was never performed this might support his hesitation.

Edited to add link: Tim Bosma: Ancaster man was killed inside truck, source says | The Star
How could a death *ever* be signed-off if questions remain, but yet the body has been destroyed and any evidence along with it? And if it had never been signed off, then surely to god there would have been an autopsy performed to assist in the ability TO sign off??

Would it really surprise you? o_O There had to be some type of examination because IIRC they retrieved the bullet.
I don't recall anything about them having retrieved the bullet, only that the bullet had been lodged in WM's brain... however in order to know that it was lodged in his brain, one would assume an autopsy would have to have made that discovery? So yes???? It would REALLY surprise me if an autopsy was NOT done in this case....... however, from the sense of would it really surprise me in *this* case, considering all of the other seeming inadequacies, I suppose that sadly, it would NOT surprise me? The retrieval of the bullet is another dimension of the whole autopsy thing - they would have had to retrieve the bullet in order to prove that it came from the gun found next to him, so it only makes sense that an autopsy had to have been done. moo.

Thanks for finding that article! Just wanted to post what the linked article said about that part (BBM):

"And on Thursday [article published Friday, May 17, 2013, so 'Thursday' would have been May 16, 2013], the office of the chief coroner for Ontario confirmed to the Star they are still investigating the death of Dellen Millard’s father, Wayne Millard, who died in an apparent suicide in November 2012.

Toronto Police confirmed they went to the Etobicoke home on Maple Gate Crt. jointly owned by Millard and his father on Nov. 29, 2012 for a death investigation that was deemed “not criminal.”

But almost six months since his death, the investigation into Wayne’s death is still “ongoing.”

“His death is still under investigation,” said Cheryl Mahyr, issues manager for the coroner’s office. “So it’s still open and has not yet concluded.”

Despite the case remaining open, the Riverside Cemetery & Cremation Centre in Toronto confirmed Millard’s body was cremated and is interred at an unknown location.

The coroner’s office did not clarify if the case had been concluded and then reopened or what impact the cremation would have on an ongoing investigation."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay