ZFG Civil Case: Casey's Deposition #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No one is or has said that ZG should be disqualified from legal protections and remedies if she has a valid case. What I'm saying is that she should not, as some seem to feel, automatically win because people hate Casey Anthony, especially when her case appears so weak.

Certainly the reputation of a child murderer is worse than that of an accused child molester/abuser/neglectful mother/drug and alcohol abuser who runs out on her debts, continues to have children she can't support, and lies under oath. But by how much? Casey did not 'ruin' ZG's good reputation because she didn't have one, and also because she never accused her of anything.

BBM - I'm confused as to why you bring up anything in ZG's past unless she has been convicted of fraud in a similar case that might have some bearing on this one. If not then it's simply a case of character smearing. I think ZG has had enough of that from the Anthony family, if not directly then implied by no public denial.

And yes, FCA could have pulblicly denied this - her mouthpiece lawyer faced the press at least once a day for one reason or another back then.

I think the lawsuit against Casey by Zenaida is only a ploy to allow her attorney to have his face in the news. Too bad Zenaida doesn't realize that she is being used by her attorney! If Zenaida finds her self dissatisfied with the work her attorney has done for her when it is over, I hope someone lets her know about the Florida Disciplinary Board, where she can file a complaint against him.

Kinda like JB, huh?

That's just their way of excusing the disgusting practice of sliming her. I wonder if she received threatening phone calls over her "bad reputation" before? Hmm...doubtful...but she must have deserved it for being a non middle class non mainstream American.

I would guess that ZG has had and/or done her share of threatening phone calls considering that her brother turned her in for child neglect as did one of her baby daddies, and that she filed for a protection order from either him or another baby daddy. Have you read the motions? We are not discussing June Cleaver here.

Again, no one said or even implied that ZG 'deserved' anything and it certainly has absolutely nothing to do with income level or being 'mainstream American.'

BBM - I'm confused as to why you bring up anything in ZG's past unless she has been convicted of fraud in a similar case that might have some bearing on this one. If not then it's simply a case of character smearing. I think ZG has had enough of that from the Anthony family, if not directly then implied by no public denial.

And yes, FCA could have pulblicly denied this - her mouthpiece lawyer faced the press at least once a day for one reason or another back then.

I didn't bring it up, Casey's attorneys did, and with good reason because it's relevant to the case. What, exactly, has the Anthony family said about this particular Z(no F)G that smeared her character?

There is always two sides to a story, and the Defense would clearly like to paint a picture of something else that would favor them. A-typical

I would guess that ZG has had and/or done her share of threatening phone calls [/B]considering that her brother turned her in for child neglect as did one of her baby daddies, and that she filed for a protection order from either him or another baby daddy. Have you read the motions? We are not discussing June Cleaver here.

Again, no one said or even implied that ZG 'deserved' anything and it certainly has absolutely nothing to do with income level or being 'mainstream American.'

So now she's had and made threatening phone calls because she has been turned in for child neglect...talk about a non sequitur.

Your comments about her being on welfare, etc. seemed to imply that since she didn't live up to a certain standard and therefore deserves what she gets.

That's just their way of excusing the disgusting practice of sliming her. I wonder if she received threatening phone calls over her "bad reputation" before? Hmm...doubtful...but she must have deserved it for being a non middle class non mainstream American.

Can I add to this? This is exactly what Casey Anthony wants us to be talking about, ZG's crappy reputation instead of any potential harm that was done to her.

In a couple of weeks the focus will be on Tim Miller, who has a better case. So, I expect the attacks through twitter, facebook, blogs to be much more severe towards him.

JMO

I didn't bring it up, Casey's attorneys did, and with good reason because it's relevant to the case. What, exactly, has the Anthony family said about this particular Z(no F)G that smeared her character?

Her attorney's are using whatever ammo they have available. The question is why are you publicly attacking her? I know their reason.

again - the bottom line - she is the only only only Z/ZG/ZFG that is connected to "The Sawgrass Apartments" . And for the life of me, why is anyone that believes that Z/ZG/ZFG has a case considered a "Casey Anthony" hater? Hate her, love her or don't give a squat about her has nothing to do with whether or not Z/ZG/ZFG has a case or not. And Zenaida's past has nothing to do with whether or not she has a case. I mean, really, how does that have anything to do with whether or not she was slandered by Casey? Really, that boggles my mind.....

I'll just say it... if a jury awards ZFG a hefty settlement just because they hate Casey Anthony, I will have no problem with that!! If the Pinellas County jury could hold it against the State because they didn't coddle them and say hello to them every morning, then a jury can hold it against Casey in that they hate her.

I don't care if that is not Justice? Justice owes us one!

again - the bottom line - she is the only only only Z/ZG/ZFG that is connected to "The Sawgrass Apartments" . And for the life of me, why is anyone that believes that Z/ZG/ZFG has a case considered a "Casey Anthony" hater? Hate her, love her or don't give a squat about her has nothing to do with whether or not Z/ZG/ZFG has a case or not. And Zenaida's past has nothing to do with whether or not she has a case. I mean, really, how does that have anything to do with whether or not she was slandered by Casey? Really, that boggles my mind.....

I hate Casey!! I have no problem saying it! I hope a jury hates her too!

That she kidnapped Caylee.

Yep, I have to agree with this all the way. It was Casey who connected a ZG to Sawgrass Apartments. It doesn't matter if the ZG in the civil suit does not have the middle name...it was her connection to Sawgrass Apts. that put the spotlight on this particular Zenaida. And even though it was shown that this Zenaida was not involved in anything Caylee, the damage was already done if people in her world eyed her with suspicion. It isn't rocket science to see that her name being Zenaida combined with her connection to Sawgrass Apts. is what put LE on her tail to begin with. And there are scores of people in this world who will automatically assume you are up to no good if the police come to your door asking questions...and when people assume this, they talk about it, and of course their kids hear that talk, which can affect your kids in a very negative way. The damage wouldn't have to go as far as you getting fired or evicted to be harmful. At least in my area, it wouldn't. In my area I belive I would be seen by some as guilty of wrongdoing long after everything was supposedly cleared up. I can only speak for how I would personally handle that, and that is to say I would find such a situation highly stressful and as such a serious detriment to my health and welfare.

Is it true that to file a civil case one must ask for a minimum amount of money specified in the statutes? I'm not sure about that but IIRC I read somewhere that in Florida to file ZG had to ask for a specific monetary amount when she filed her suit. But, I also read that what ZG wanted most was a public apology to help relieve some of what was done to her when Casey's lies went public--not just regional or even national, but international. If ZG gets that public apology, I would consider her having won her civil case. I do believe Casey owes ZG something, at the very least an apology.

Yep, I have to agree with this all the way. It was Casey who connected a ZG to Sawgrass Apartments. It doesn't matter if the ZG in the civil suit does not have the middle name...it was her connection to Sawgrass Apts. that put the spotlight on this particular Zenaida. And even though it was shown that this Zenaida was not involved in anything Caylee, the damage was already done if people in her world eyed her with suspicion. It isn't rocket science to see that her name being Zenaida combined with her connection to Sawgrass Apts. is what put LE on her tail to begin with. And there are scores of people in this world who will automatically assume you are up to no good if the police come to your door asking questions...and when people assume this, they talk about it, and of course their kids hear that talk, which can affect your kids in a very negative way. The damage wouldn't have to go as far as you getting fired or evicted to be harmful. At least in my area, it wouldn't. In my area I belive I would be seen by some as guilty of wrongdoing long after everything was supposedly cleared up. I can only speak for how I would personally handle that, and that is to say I would find such a situation highly stressful and as such a serious detriment to my health and welfare.

Is it true that to file a civil case one must ask for a minimum amount of money specified in the statutes? I'm not sure about that but IIRC I read somewhere that in Florida to file ZG had to ask for a specific monetary amount when she filed her suit. But, I also read that what ZG wanted most was a public apology to help relieve some of what was done to her when Casey's lies went public--not just regional or even national, but international. If ZG gets that public apology, I would consider her having won her civil case. I do believe Casey owes ZG something, at the very least an apology.

I agree, but as far as an apology now - it's way too late for that. She has been asking for a simple apology since this started..
This lady has had her life dissected and trashed in public ( and certainly on here) and she is owed a whole lot more than a fake apology from Casey. If I were her I would find the whole thing humiliating and terrifying. Goodness knows what her kids have been put through...
I'm not sure how she can be compensated for the loss of her peace of mind.

I feel this way. If KC had come forward and said I saw that woman's picture and she is not ZFG. That should have been the end of it. But let's face it had ZG not gotten an attorney who knows where KC would have taken it. ZG stopped her right in her tracks with the lawsuit. Let's face it look at what they did to RK. Three long years of torture at the hands of the DT. Regardless of whatever anyone feels about ZG, or her past, she claims her children were harassed and she was threatened and feared for her and her children's safety. It is a mother's instinct to protect her child. Of course maybe KC's attorneys have been around her too much to consider that possibility. jmo

Hmmm. How has it stayed alive on court docket?

Very easily. The judge can't just "kick" a case out of court--he/she has to wait for the right motion to be filed.

Am I TotallyCrazy as well as TotallyObsessed? Did I dream that Casey, on her own, looked at apartments for Tony outside of the time she tagged along with Tony and his roommate? Also, I think the point that she most likely had access to the office at Sawgrass was due to the fact that she had friends that lived there at one time.
But, of course, I do realize there was no testimony or investigative documents ever released to support the fact that she did, in fact, visit the office at Sawgrass. Or was there? My mind seems to be going -- what a waste, a huge waste – this case has been!

There was nothing released to suggest that Casey looked at apartments separately from Tony and his friend, or that she went to Sawgrass.

Also, IIRC Casey had gone to school with a Zenaida G.

No, there was a website people were using to CHECK whether Zenaida Gonzalez was the name of someone who went to school with Casey, but little did anyone know that as soon as the first person typed the name into the search box, that name was listed on the website under "alumni of Colonial High." When we checked the REAL alumni website, as well as the actual yearbook, there was no such person at Casey's school.

I feel this way. If KC had come forward and said I saw that woman's picture and she is not ZFG. That should have been the end of it. But let's face it had ZG not gotten an attorney who knows where KC would have taken it. ZG stopped her right in her tracks with the lawsuit. Let's face it look at what they did to RK. Three long years of torture at the hands of the DT. Regardless of whatever anyone feels about ZG, or her past, she claims her children were harassed and she was threatened and feared for her and her children's safety. It is a mother's instinct to protect her child. Of course maybe KC's attorneys have been around her too much to consider that possibility. jmo

True. And they were just itching to get at one of the TES volunteers.

I think it is hard to believe that ZG was ever a serious suspect or even a poi if Police only questioned her once. I don't think CFA could have taken it to far they already knew she was a liar. I also don't think it would have went to far with the media if ZG had kept quiet or just come out and said it wasn't me and dropped it. I don't know what to believe because if she lied about the car and NY plates story and she lied about her kids names being told to LE what else has she lied about? It just seems like she would have had a better case if she wouldn't have went and talked to so many people in the media and told such confusing story's I mean she even told confusing stories about her name. I am hoping the whole story comes out because maybe I am misunderstanding what was said or how the information got out.
Also I am sure that ZG's attorneys knew that all of this was going to come out. The defense is always going to attack someones character when suing for money . It doesn't mean that a woman in a short skirt cannot be raped or what ever other comparison you throw out there. She is trying to get money from another person it doesn't matter who the person is they will always be scrutinized. I am sure ZG's lawyers plan on attacking CFA's charactor too and rightly so. She is suing for money claiming that because of CFA's lies she deserves money and to receive a judgment in her favor she has to prove why she deserves that. She has to have lost something not just had her name thrown in the news or google searches bring up her name connected with a case. Everytime I see her name mentioned it is always clear she is not the person who took Caylee and that CFA lied.

On a side note I do hope TM gets a huge settlement. If anyone deserves money I think it is him. I want Casey to pay for her lies I just think ZG went about it the wrong way and doesn't have much of a case but like I said before maybe I am misunderstanding the info and once all the facts come out maybe she will get paid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member