Madeleine McCann 3 year old missing in Portugal - Part 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gerry's going to be on Greta tonight. She wanted to air the interview last night but a condition from Gerry was that she wait 24 hours! Wait another day to get word out about your missing daughter, when EVERY MOMENT counts??? Unbelievable!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,290572,00.html
He wanted to make sure he wasnt there when it aired so he didnt have to put up with the fallout of his interview, knowing that their are a lot of people who dont agree with him and his wife leaving the children alone, and jetsetting around the world instead of looking for their daughter. He wanted to make sure he was far away so as not to see there a lots of people who do not agree with the way he and his wife have acted throughout the investigation. He is a chicken. Tells his story and bolts so has he doesnt have to face any redirections to his story.

Also, Celts are more like Italians - in that they like to be in a family group or a group of friends. Having a stranger look after your children is still a bit frowned on...the babysitter would be a stranger, so maybe they did not want a babysitter for this reason...although this idea is not so strong as it was.

Education is traditionally very important to Celts and therefore they would want the children to go to a playgroup, especially to keep things a normal as possible. By their accents, the parents do not seem to come from very rich backgrounds, so it is likely that they would consider that their success is due to their education. and want their children to learn things at every opportunity.

But the children weren't in a family group, they were alone in a hotel room.

I also believe strongly in education. but I dont' consider a childcare at a resort "education". I'm sure it was NOt an educational setting.

It also seems that your two ideas are somewhat contradictory - they wanted the children only to stay with family but leaving them at daycare was important?

OUCH!
I totally understand this comment in relation to the McCanns. On vacation they stuck their kids in daycare, fed them dinner and then left them in a hotel room.

But I take my child to daycare and I AM being a parent
I dont mean all parents who take their children to Daycare are not good parents, I have two girls and when they were little they went to Daycare 2 days a week, and those 2 days I did everything around the house and all those things like paying bills,shopping etc which is easier to do without littlies, but on all the other days I spent my time with my daughters.
I felt it was a good idea that my children were put into daycare to interact with others, to help with social skills, sharing etc.

But the McCanns have been noted as saying that Kate cannot handle her children, so Daycare was the easy way out. Then they leave them alone at night etc. We all know the McCann story, so will not dredge it all up again.
Daycare is essential these days as the cost of living is so high that sometimes both parents are required to work to make ends meet.
So Bethinak I am in no way saying that parents are not parents or good parents if they put their children in Day care.

I've seen a reference to the Mc Canns having a nanny in this thread...The McCann's are Celts - in that they are from Scotland and Liverpool - a place with lots of Irish/Welsh ancestry. The reference to 'Nanny' is the Celt way of saying 'grandmother', and this is who would normally look after the children if the parents are absent.

The diffrence is that, in the South of England, a 'Nanny' is usually a person who has been employed to look after the children - not a family member, so that is why I think a reference was to the children's grandmother - being a Celt myself.

Also, Celts are more like Italians - in that they like to be in a family group or a group of friends. Having a stranger look after your children is still a bit frowned on...the babysitter would be a stranger, so maybe they did not want a babysitter for this reason...although this idea is not so strong as it was.

Education is traditionally very important to Celts and therefore they would want the children to go to a playgroup, especially to keep things a normal as possible. By their accents, the parents do not seem to come from very rich backgrounds, so it is likely that they would consider that their success is due to their education. and want their children to learn things at every opportunity.

I can't explain the 'search behaviour' but the only reason I can think of is that in British cop shows, one parent is always advised to stay home in case the missing child comes home.

I'm not saying that I know that these are the reasons for their behaviour - just that they maybe a possibility.

Thanks again MrsMouseMat...very insightful information.

Those Yanks among us really need to know these things, it expands our point of view.

So, thanks for your contributions. What did you think about our responses to your last post? Please help us understand, I am desperate for understanding.

~Peace

I have Greta on, don't know if they will be doing the McCann interview, Greta isn't there, Jeanine Piro is hosting for Greta whom "is on assignment". Right now it's all Lindsey Lohan. Jeanine was pretty hard line on the neglect issue the other day, so if they do get to this interview, her comments afterward may be interesting.

Edited to add, Jeanine just did the promo for the interview, so they will have it, in the second half of the program.

Edited to add, Jeanine just did the promo for the interview, so they will have it, in the second half of the program.

Thanks for the update, C... let us non-cable'rs know how it went.

Thanks for the update, C... let us non-cable'rs know how it went.

Well, they were standing, it wasn't even a sit down interview, there were NO questions about that night Maddie disappeared at all. Greta asked him if they think she is still alive, he said there is no evidence that she isn't. He went on and on about the sympathy and empathy they have received from other people, the Pope, blah, blah, blah. It was less than five minutes. I learned NOTHING from this interview. They showed Maddie's picture a couple times but no direction was given to people if they have seen her, whom to call. There was NO asking of the American people if they have travelled or will be to keep there eyes out for her. He's a hard guy to figure. He's calm and cool, not very emotional but talks and talks and talks about basically nothing that can help Maddie. He looked really tall, appeared pale and tired. I didn't get that BS vibe ala Scott Peterson. Frankly, I don't know what to make of him. There was no commentary or discussion about the case after the interview. I'll be anxious to hear other's reactions.

Well, they were standing, it wasn't even a sit down interview, there were NO questions about that night Maddie disappeared at all. Greta asked him if they think she is still alive, he said there is no evidence that she isn't. He went on and on about the sympathy and empathy they have received from other people, the Pope, blah, blah, blah. It was less than five minutes. I learned NOTHING from this interview. They showed Maddie's picture a couple times but no direction was given to people if they have seen her, whom to call. There was NO asking of the American people if they have travelled or will be to keep there eyes out for her. He's a hard guy to figure. He's calm and cool, not very emotional but talks and talks and talks about basically nothing that can help Maddie. He looked really tall, appeared pale and tired. I didn't get that BS vibe ala Scott Peterson. Frankly, I don't know what to make of him. There was no commentary or discussion about the case after the interview. I'll be anxious to hear other's reactions.
Thanks CarpeDiem for the update, was hoping for more information than what was given, I would like to know what he thinks he would have achieved by being on that show.

Thanks, C... sounds like it turned out to be nothing more than a PR "interview". Sad... :(

That's exactly what it seemed like, a PR move. I can't put my finger on what I find so fishy about him.

I have a greater understanding of what the PJ is up against with him/them now. I can't put my finger on it either.

Atleast if they were charged with neglect and it went to trial, further answers could come from that.

Greta's interview sounds like a huge disappointment. I was hoping she'd pin him down with some tougher questions.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,91210-1276925,00.html

Dad Faces Grilling In America

Updated: 09:54, Wednesday July 25, 2007
<H2>The father of missing Madeleine McCann has been forced to defend himself during a grilling from American journalists.

</H2>
1537854.jpg
Gerry McCann

Gerry McCann was asked why he and wife Kate had left their children alone while they ate dinner on May 3, the day his daughter disappeared.
During an appearance on Good Morning America, he was told many US parents are "puzzled" why they did not make use of a babysitting service during their holiday in Portugal.
Mr McCann said: "We were dining 50 yards away. We could see the apartment where we were. It was almost like dining in our own garden.
"The kids were sound asleep and we were checking on them regularly. We didn't think we needed a babysitter."

========================SNIP==================

Before the story disappears, I thought I would paste some of it in.

I think I know what bothers me so much about GM===the guy is slippery. IMO

More from article above---

SNIPPET================

On CNN, Mr McCann was asked about the possibility of facing prosecution over the decision to leave Madeleine and two-year-old twins Sean and Amelie alone.
"We have been assured by the authorities that what we did fell within the boundaries of good parenting," he said.
"Madeleine was targeted by a predator and we shouldn't have to be worrying about people getting into our homes and gardens and playgrounds. That is the real criminal act here."=========SNIP

More from article above---

SNIPPET================

On CNN, Mr McCann was asked about the possibility of facing prosecution over the decision to leave Madeleine and two-year-old twins Sean and Amelie alone.
"We have been assured by the authorities that what we did fell within the boundaries of good parenting," he said.
"Madeleine was targeted by a predator and we shouldn't have to be worrying about people getting into our homes and gardens and playgrounds. That is the real criminal act here."=========SNIP

Gerry McCann...what a load of hogwash, never heard so much rubbish in my life, good parenting my harse.
At last someone is starting to ask the questions that need to be asked.

Gerry McCann...what a load of hogwash, never heard so much rubbish in my life, good parenting my harse.
At last someone is starting to ask the questions that need to be asked.

GM has that 50 yards, dining in your garden story down pat.
Wish the media would call him on this load of crap!!:mad:

Aussie Mike is thinking a lot like us posters here, why do we have such a fascination with this case that we cant explain. We all seem to have that gut feeling that something isnt right but we cant put our finger on it. How many gut feelings can be wrong, and why does this case have the effect it does on us.

What is it we cant put our finger on.....because that will help solve Madelaines disappearance.

Aussie Mike is thinking a lot like us posters here, why do we have such a fascination with this case that we cant explain. We all seem to have that gut feeling that something isnt right but we cant put our finger on it. How many gut feelings can be wrong, and why does this case have the effect it does on us.

What is it we cant put our finger on.....because that will help solve Madelaines disappearance.

Excellent point.
What could have happened to Madeleine? Where is this little one?
The story just keeps changing focus. What is wrong with this whole picture?

I have had to stay away for my own sanity--because all the media is focused around the parents and their daily doings. Ticks me off.

Poor little Madeleine has gotten lost in the frenzy, and it seems as if there is no resolve at hand.

Still holding out for a miracle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member