4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered, Bryan Kohberger Arrested, Moscow, Nov 2022 #89

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That sounds like IGG material doesn't it?

"The State has and will continue to provide discovery in accordance with Idaho Criminal Rule l6 and applicable law, and reserves any and all objections thereunder."

https://s3.us-west-2.amazonaws.com/...-to-Defendants-7th-Supp-Req-for-Discovery.pdf
Wow! Not happy to see this.

(g) Court records exempt from disclosure. Except as provided in paragraph (h) of this rule, court records specified below are exempt from disclosure. Any willful or intentional disclosure or accessing of a sealed or exempt court record, not otherwise authorized under this rule, may be treated as a contempt of court.

(1) Documents and records to which access is otherwise restricted by state or federal law;

jmo

10ofRods - the library is much closer to 1122 King Rd geographically as opposed to going by street distance which is what I posted. Walking or driving via streets is .8 mile but it is a significantly circuitous route. It would be about .4 mile walking straight to it from 1122 King Rd. Please do the calculations for yourself and see what you think.
Has BK ever said he was busy at the library when his phone was showing in the area? For his alibi he said he was driving around and didn't remember where he went. I'd think he'd remember if he had been studying in the library. JMO

Has BK ever said he was busy at the library when his phone was showing in the area? For his alibi he said he was driving around and didn't remember where he went. I'd think he'd remember if he had been studying in the library. JMO
The really odd thing is that in the absence of any supporting evidence whatsoever. People are Googling operating hours and trying to place BK in any building that’s open past 12am.

Folks are actively seeking out an alibi for him that he himself can’t even provide.

There’s not a single shred of evidence that he was at the library. Other than students are to libraries as Chefs are to farmers markets.

The really odd thing is that in the absence of any supporting evidence whatsoever. People are Googling operating hours and trying to place BK in any building that’s open past 12am.

Folks are actively seeking out an alibi for him that he himself can’t even provide.

There’s not a single shred of evidence that he was at the library. Other than students are to libraries as Chefs are to farmers markets.
I agree. Nothing even from them. Nothing (except these many posts that keep repeating).

jmo

Not to mention that nearly all current reading in criminology or almost any other field is in the digital domain. Neither WSU or UofI has a physical library wherein people have to be there for state of the art publications in their field. It's a quiet space for study AND there are amazing librarians to help - but in grad school, well, no regular librarian can do your homework for you.

He had no need to go to the library so, if he was there, I still want an explanation. He's roaming around. Let's face it. Had he not left his DNA at the scene, it would be much less sinister. Had he not left his DNA on a component of the murder weapon, things would not have unfolded as they have.

I can't say more, but I sense real bias in some people's attempts to champion this particular case. A case I thought would have no champions, once the murderer was found. And even if BK wants to claim that he was merely an accomplice - he's still guilty in my book (and in the book of Idaho law, where he can't even plead mental health issues).

I also think he knew what he was doing, when he did what he did, where he did it.

IMO.

You're confusing the 12 times he was allegedly stalking 1122 King Rd with the night of the murders. Since LE never talked to BK before they arrested him, they never had the opportunity to ask him about the 12 times. However, him being at the library is actually a very realistic possibility for a grad student. Certainly I spent a lot of time at the library of a different university than the one I went to while in grad school and I know many others who did the same thing I did. So it's not like it is unusual.

Last edited:
10ofRods - the library is much closer to 1122 King Rd geographically as opposed to going by street distance which is what I posted. Walking or driving via streets is .8 mile but it is a significantly circuitous route. It would be about .4 mile walking straight to it from 1122 King Rd. Please do the calculations for yourself and see what you think.
So is the latest suggestion that BK's alibi for the murders could be that he was studying in the closed library of a university at which he was not enrolled? Or that the explanation for the other nights he was nearby could be that he was at the library of the victims school?

I don't understand the apparent need to try and explain away the evidence before we even have a full understanding of it, or to provide BK a possible alibi instead of just waiting for the evidence to come out. Either way, we don't even know what other nights he was in the area or whether the library was open at the times he was nearby.

I don't understand the apparent need to try and explain away the evidence before we even have a full understanding of it, or to provide BK a possible alibi instead of just waiting for the evidence to come out. Either way, we don't even know what other nights he was in the area or whether the library was open at the times he was nearby.
“BK is innocent no matter what”.

I wish someone would just come out and say it and tell us what this overarching theory is. When you dismiss every piece of evidence there has to be an overarching theory.

You're confusing the 12 times he was allegedly stalking 1122 King Rd with the night of the murders. Since LE never talked to BK before they arrested him, they never had the opportunity to ask him about the 12 times. However, him being at the library is actually a very realistic possibility for a grad student. Certainly I spent a lot of time at the library of a different university than the one I went to while in grad school and I know many others who did the same thing I did. So it's not like it is unusual.
All of this is allegedly and imoo

I think it is fine to contemplate BKs various travels and possible spots of interest he may have stopped and visited, all within reason, and with a basis that's within WS guidelines of not grasping at empty air. For instance, I've wondered if BK was scoring drugs in that specific area as we learned in the very beginning that the area was a known drug haven coupled with he's a former addict.

BK seemed to be on a self-fulling destiny. His professional life was tanking rapidly near the semester's end at UoW. We can connect dots to multiple events occurring in his professional life then to his possible reaction to those unpleasant, possibly traumatizing events that may have been anticipated by Bryan. Maybe he totally expected to fail, as his thoughts tightened into a penalizing, death spiral of penetrated fury. He would kill before departing the great state of Washington.

His life's career was surely ruined in Pullman. BK would no longer possess a prestigious job title at the University because he was fired nor would he obtain one with the Cops helping in data collection with whom he'd applied. I don't understand why he didn't adjust his attitude toward success. Instead, he chose evil. He took 4 lives, without permission, from the 1122 House so he could remember the painful ordeal that his education; nay, his life had been.

Disturbingly, if he purchased the KaBar in APR 2022, surely killing was on an evil mind at the time. He knew that even before attending UoW or why else take the KaBar to WA with him? He knew.

I don't know when or how he determined to target these beautiful people or that small 1122 House. It remains a mystery why there's 4 dead in Idaho. It's not a mystery that BK's been accused.

Is there evidence that he purchase the KaBar in April 2022? I wasn't clear on this.

If so, has there been any unsolved knife crimes in his area - muggings or sexual offences at knife point type thing? If he was building up to perpetrating a big event - 'the day of retribution' as Elliot Rodger called his, he could have been gaining confidence by perpetrating acts. Or I wonder, did he have even grander ideas (like Elliot Rodger did) to go on a much larger spree, maybe targeting other women that he had on a hit list. Maybe losing the sheath really spooked him and shook his confidence?

<snipped for focus>

I don't see anyone stating that "BK is innocent no matter what". I see posters looking at the evidence from the defense's perspective at times, which is certainly a legitimate exercise.

edited spelling
Fair enough, but what actual evidence has the Defense offered? That BK was indeed riding around that night during the hours of the murders is the only thing I know of.

The rest of their Motions and objections have been based on accusations and technicalities of processes used by LE/FBI in identifying BK as the murderer. The model year of the Elantra, the GGI, all of those things are secondary when you consider that actual single source male DNA was taken from the knife sheath left at the scene of the murders and a STR analysis was done from a buccal swab taken from BK that confirmed it was 5.3 octillion times more likely his than any other person on the planet.

I believe the Defendant is due to vigorous defense, and he is certainly getting it with AT & Company, but that doesn't mean we should suspend all legitimate explanations as to the State's evidence either.

MOO

Is there evidence that he purchase the KaBar in April 2022? I wasn't clear on this.

If so, has there been any unsolved knife crimes in his area - muggings or sexual offences at knife point type thing? If he was building up to perpetrating a big event - 'the day of retribution' as Elliot Rodger called his, he could have been gaining confidence by perpetrating acts. Or I wonder, did he have even grander ideas (like Elliot Rodger did) to go on a much larger spree, maybe targeting other women that he had on a hit list. Maybe losing the sheath really spooked him and shook his confidence?
LE certainly tried to find evidence of him purchasing the knife, but we don't yet know if they have it.

It was stated on the Dateline special that 'sources' close to the investigation told them he did in fact order the knife and sheath from Amazon. We also know that the State has subpoenaed Amazon records. With the gag order in place, I doubt we'll know positively until trial.

MOO

Maybe to try to explain 12 previous excursions?
MOO library is too far.
CAST identifies distance + 30 degree arc from one tower.

<modsnip: off topic>

So is the latest suggestion that BK's alibi for the murders could be that he was studying in the closed library of a university at which he was not enrolled? Or that the explanation for the other nights he was nearby could be that he was at the library of the victims school?

No, this would not be his alibi for the murders at all. However, this would be a reasonable explaination as to why his phone pinged near 1122 King Rd 12 times prior to the murders. These are the library's hour during each semester:

Semester Hours​

August 20 - December 15, January 8 - May 10

Monday - Thursday6:00am - 2:00am
Friday6:00am - 8:00pm
Saturday12:00pm - 6:00pm
Sunday12:00pm - 2:00am

We don't know when those 12 nights he pinged were, but is it possible he pinged on nights when the library was open? Yes. There are actually many other possibilities. We will not know which is right until this goes to trial, though. JMO.

JMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Imagined testimony of a cellphone expert:

Defense attorney: and in that range how many stores are there? How many churches? How many libraries?

Implication, he was at one of those 12 times.

The defense only has to sell an implication to one juror.

I'm not worried though. It falls flat.

Was the library open?

No.

Case closed.

Driving around -- when his vehicle is shown looping the eventual crime scene -- is an impossible work around for the defense.

Because we're all agreed. He WAS driving around. From roughly 2am to 5am. Except for a Lil ten minutes.

When he wasn't driving around.

How come he stopped looping?

Welp.

JMO

Maybe to try to explain 12 previous excursions?
MOO library is too far.
CAST identifies distance + 30 degree arc from one tower.
I simulated CAST and it is clearly not too far.

Will the defense say this? I have no idea, but shouldn't the prosecutor be forewarned? How would they counter? Ideas?
It was stated on the Dateline special that 'sources' close to the investigation told them he did in fact order the knife and sheath from Amazon. We also know that the State has subpoenaed Amazon records. With the gag order in place, I doubt we'll know positively until trial.

MOO
Dateline made this claim. I doubt AT would say there was "precious little" evidence found during the investigation if the source of the murder weapon had actually been found. But, yes, we are having to wait until trial to find out for absolute certain.

All IMOO.

<modsnip: off topic>

No, this would not be his alibi for the murders at all. However, this would be a reasonable explaination as to why his phone pinged near 1122 King Rd 12 times prior to the murders. These are the library's hour during each semester:

Semester Hours​

August 20 - December 15, January 8 - May 10

Monday - Thursday6:00am - 2:00am
Friday6:00am - 8:00pm
Saturday12:00pm - 6:00pm
Sunday12:00pm - 2:00am
MOO
The cell data of the 12 cited pings will be more specific than "same cellular resources as 1122 King Rd."
Possibly he went to the library and then took a detour to peeping spot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member